Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

13th Warrior & Mystery Men way underated

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

13th Warrior & Mystery Men way underated

Old 01-15-00, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got Mystery Men on Tuesday & it was hilarious. I was laughing out loud every 2 minutes. I don't know what the critics were talking about. Great picture, 5.1, & deleted scenes. I got 13th Warrior today (4 days before street at Best Buy?) & it was also very good. The fighting wasn't confusing, the battles were great & it was very enjoyable (kind of like 1st Conan movie). The 5.1 sound was very impressive on this movie. The battles & horses galloping sound great. No extras on it, but a very good movie.
Old 01-18-00, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, checking the ol' Rotten-Tomatoes.com meter, I see Mystery Men got about 66% "fresh" reviews, so I'd say critics mostly liked it. I loved it. A lot of people say it's dumb or aren't into it. I found it to be quite clever and dead on in how it satired superheroes. Some of the absurdities were hilarious, but run a little deeper than "dumb humor". Claire Forlani's a major haughty, BTW.

For some reason this DVD isn't a special edition. I have no idea why except for maybe the insert booklet wasn't thick enough. There are tons of extras that would give New Line and Criterion a run for their money.