Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Which DVDs have the best commentaries?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Which DVDs have the best commentaries?

Old 01-16-00, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to hear which DVDs you think have the best commentaries and what makes them so special.

Old 01-16-00, 01:32 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope I don't come off as rude, but you may wish to use the "search" feature to track this topic because it has been discussed many times on this forum. For what it's worth, there are many good commentary tracks, but I'll just pick one: John Carpenter's THE THING, with commentary by John Carpenter and Kurt Russell, the first providing ample filmmaking knowledge, and the second sounding like he's just having a damn ball!

www.dvdtracker.com/~filmmaker
www/laserdisctracker.com/~filmmaker.asp
Old 01-16-00, 01:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Filmmaker:
[B]I hope I don't come off as rude, but you may wish to use the "search" feature to track this topic because it has been discussed many times on this forum. For what it's worth, there are many good commentary tracks, but I'll just pick one: John Carpenter's THE THING, with commentary by John Carpenter and Kurt Russell, the first providing ample filmmaking knowledge, and the second sounding like he's just having a damn ball!

Not rude at all, in fact being rather new to all this I should have searched before posting. Apologies for the overexuberance and thanks for kind info - I'll surely check this film out.
Old 01-16-00, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The best commentaries are discussed here often, so I'm closing this thread. If you have any trouble finding previous threads about the subject, don't hesitate to e-mail me and I can send you some links.

--Heather

Moderator, DVD Talk & Reviews
[email protected]