Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Wanted review of Muhammad Ali: The Greatest Collection

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Wanted review of Muhammad Ali: The Greatest Collection

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-00, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This looks like an interesting disc. Anyone have a review or opinions?
Old 01-07-00, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,257 Likes on 4,278 Posts
I haven't seen this title, but if you're at all an Ali or even just a sports fan, you must get When We Were Kings. It is such an amazing documentary of The Rumble in the Jungle, you just have to see it to believe how awesome in every way Ali was. It's got to be one of the most entertaining documentaries ever made.
Old 01-08-00, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have When We Were Kings AND this DVD... I Watched When We Were Kings and I loved it, it's great, but they didn't show the whole fight... the climax of the movie.

So when Ali's Greatest came out I picked it up... the Ali - Foreman fight is great... and the Clay - Liston fight is good too... poor quality B&W but very exciting. Liston wasn't worried about the fight so he was drinking and spending time with prostitutes... He was shocked when Ali (Clay) began dancing around and kicking his ass in the second round... so Liston cheats and buts linament on his gloves and gets it in Ali's eyes, so Ali has to fight blind for two rounds... then eventually Liston gives up between rounds, almost unheard of, and Ali goes nuts!!! He's "a BAD MAN!" The Gold Medal Olympians becomes the champion the first of three times...

This DVD is a great companion to WWWK... I'd get that first. This DVD is just the fights unedited... which is nice...

In addition to the three fights there an hour-long biography (from the 80's?) which is moderately interesting, but nothing great like WWWK. There is also an additional disc, a CD-ROM which I've never used.

This is a must for Ali fans... I'm only a moderate fan of Ali and boxing and I enjoy both DVDs.

------------------
The Shawnimal
V2: SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Old 04-11-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I'm going to bump up a thread that is over five years old!

I was in a pawn shop today, and I saw this DVD, in perfect mint new condition, sitting on the shelf for $5. I Had never heard of it, but I picked it up anyway because it seemed interesting, but I had my doubts simply because of the snapper case it comes in. I just got home and started watching it, and WOW what a package this is. I looked up reviews and read more about this set, and I'm just in shock at the quality of this DVD. We have three of Ali's greatest fights, as well as an hour long documentary, with a total of 248+ minutes of Muhammad Ali goodness.

I know most of you guys know of this DVD, but if you have never heard of it, I defiantly recommend it. Not just for boxing or Ali fans, but fans of sports and DVDs in general.