Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Comments on American Pie and Batman Beyond

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Comments on American Pie and Batman Beyond

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-99, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just have a few comments on both dvd's

American Pie is one of the funniest things I have watched in a very long time. I couldnt stop laughing at all. the actors were well cast, and the story was very good. Definately a second watch for laughs.

Batman Beyond-I dont get to watch them because I work when its on, but i was fast to jump at the dvd. This show is totally awesome and i hope they release 6 more epiosdes very soon :-)

Capt
Old 12-22-99, 09:16 AM

I rented American Pie @ Blockbuster yesterday. After I got home I realized that they only have the RATED version so I couldn't get the full effect, so to speak. I however agree that this was one of the funniest movies I had seen in a long time. I particularly enjoyed Eugene Levy's portrayal of the dad. I beleive that I shall have to buy this DVD in order to satisfy my inner- child, er, inner-teenager.

------------------
My DVD Collection/Wish List
Old 12-22-99, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Believe me, the difference between the unrated and the R-rated American Pie is virtually unnoticable. The only difference I noticed was the Pie scene -- which, to my suprise wasn't added scenes -- just different. You didn't miss much by watching the R instead of the unrated, believe me.

Great movie, by the way -- loses a lot in multiple viewings though.

Old 12-23-99, 12:34 PM

DodgingCars is speaking the truth. Actually, this is the biggest disappointment when it comes to Unrated releases that I've seen yet. The movie is awesome but the difference between the "R" and "Unrated" are a few meaningless seconds, no more flesh here, and the pie scene being different. It wouldn't be such a big deal but they played the Unrated version up so much that you would think that it would have a lot more nudity and stuff when it doesn't.

Old 12-23-99, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope we see more of Eugene Levy in future comedies. What a nut! His facial expressions crack me up. He was funny in "Splash" also. And does anyone remember him on the old "SCTV" show? Bruno was my favorite.

Old 12-27-99, 09:28 AM

That toilet seen was hilarious. I love bathroom humor. And Levy and his son. That was great! Then the Internet scenes.........
Old 12-28-99, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched American Pie yesterday for the first time and absolutely cracked up at the "Pale Ale" scene and the "Toilet" scene. The pie scene was overrated. Perhaps a longer scene, more nudity, intense humping or a combination of the above would have made it absolutely hysterical.
Old 12-30-99, 12:11 PM

I just received my "unrated" copy Mon and have watched it twice already. I agree, it's got to be one of the funniest movies I've ever saw . I did see it in the theather and was very disappointed when my highly anticipated unrated version was identical (from what I can tell) all except for the pie sceen. Even that wasn't new for me since a friend of mine had sent me a mpeg version of that one sceen only weeks after the movie opened.

I'm typing this from memory so forgive me if I'm wrong. Didn't the back cover say: see more pie, see more Nadia , learn more about the bible, and some other stuff. I didn't see any of these. True, the dvd offers quite a few extras, but nowhere the amount promised or eluded to.

Still a great dvd, but a let-down as an unrated version.
Old 12-30-99, 11:21 PM

Im almost 30 and I havent laugh so much since Wired Science.They dont make movies like this any more.I bought this UN-rated on the advice of a friend and I loved it.The french girl was awsome.

"One time at band camp....."