Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Need info on From Earth to the Moon

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Need info on From Earth to the Moon

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-99, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just ordered this from FamilyWonder.com on that $50 off deal. I figured for $49 I couldn't go wrong. Should I keep this set or return it to a store after Christmas and make a little cash on it.

------------------
Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
Jim's DVD Tracker list

Old 12-15-99, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I suppose it depends on your taste in movies, but I LOVED this and would never part with it. (I also paid about $50 -- I think from checkout.com during the initial sale.)

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it -- a great companion to THE RIGHT STUFF and APOLLO 13. I really liked the way that it told some of the "smaller" stories about the moon program, such as the anticlimax of being the 2nd group to go (which is a hillarious, offbeat episode).

Well-produced, well-acted, and a great DVD with extra content such as small documentaries, trailers, and lots of DVD-ROM content. Fantastic.
Old 12-15-99, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, From the Earth to the Moon is in the top 10 out of the 200 DVDs I own. Not all of the episodes are equally engaging put as a complete package it's a winner. I still re-watch parts of this at least once a month. Anyhow, you're not likely to get cash back on a $100+ item without a store receipt. You might be able to exchange it for other DVDs but why would you want to?
Old 12-15-99, 07:07 PM
alanbenson

You're apt to feel about it pretty much the same way you felt about Apollo 13. It's got some flaws and inaccuracies, and a couple of the episodes don't really hold up, but at some points it's the best NASA fiction ever made...