Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Scarface is the funniest DVD!

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Scarface is the funniest DVD!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-99, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard people say how bad the transfer was on the disc, and I will definitely agree on that one. I really enjoy the film, but there is one sequence near the middle of the film that is funny as hell to me, and it really dates the film. I get cracked up thinking about it. It is where Montana and his crew are counting money, taking money to the bank and doing other gangster stuff and this cheesy ass 80's song starts playing. I think it goes something like 'we're taking to the limits, yeah'. I swear this is so out of place in this movie. I look at it as comical relief or something. You guys have to know the song I'm talking about! If you don't remember, just go back and watch the middle of the film. You will die!
Old 07-28-99, 11:41 PM

Good call!
Old 07-29-99, 12:32 AM

This movie IS pretty funny to me, from Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio's big hairdo, to Tony Montana's wild excesses. I think Giorgio Moroder's score really adds extra years to the age of the film. Gotta love the part in the film where a drunken Tony makes a huge scene of himself in the restaurant. Hard to believe that this film was once considered quite controversial in its initial release.
Old 07-29-99, 01:57 AM
Cool New Member

This movie absolutely rocks! Pacino in one of the best performances by an actor ever. Did he even get nominated? While we're on the subject, is the transfer really that bad? How about some details?

[This message has been edited by Socrates (edited 07-28-1999).]
Old 07-29-99, 04:49 AM

Yes, unfortunately, the transfer really IS that bad. Of the 80+ DVD's I own, this is by far the worst quality print. The picture is extremely grainy throughout the film, and the sound, while ok, is nothing special.

-Leigh
Old 07-30-99, 08:02 AM

'yeah, yeah, we're taking to the limits, yeah', hehehehehhehee
Old 07-31-99, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This movie is DA BOMB!!! . . . one of my favorites of all time!!!

Unfortunately, the transfer is terrible for a Universal Collector's Edition DVD. I still have it in my collection because my DVD library could not be complete without Tony Montana.
Old 07-31-99, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Any chance of having this GREAT movie re-released. I know that it comes with some nice extras (from when I rented it). It is really a shame that the DVD got this kind of "dissing" by the studio.
Old 08-03-99, 01:35 AM

my favorite funny bit in the movie is when pacino is in the jacuzzi and watching the pelicans/flamingos on tv and he says "look at the pehlicahns, pehlicahns fly"...his tone of voice is great, i rewatched that line quite a few times