Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Wanted: review of "Poltergeist" DVD

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Wanted: review of "Poltergeist" DVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-99, 06:03 PM
freud

I was going to use a BigStar coupon before it expired and get an old cheapie DVD. I decided Poltergeist might be a good one. Can someone comment on the transfer and such, please? How about "The Frighteners"?

[This message has been edited by freud (edited 07-15-1999).]
Old 07-15-99, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poltergeist is a great choice.the movie is very good the 5.1 sound is nice for an older movie there is good use of the rears also..one seen in particular in the kitchen i think a steak is moved from right to left off camera and you hear it before the camera picks it up anyway buy buy buy....classic movie.....tommy
Old 07-15-99, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound and picture are great in The Frighteners. Good movie also. The only problem is there aren't any notable extras.

------------------
jason

Old 07-16-99, 10:00 AM
JasBur

This was my first movie on DVD being that it is my favorite movie. I even bought it retail. Let me tell you I have seen the movie over a hundred times and I see something new in it everytime, but with the DVD my mouth just dropped to the floor. It is one of the clearest transfers to dvd I have seen especially for a movie that came out in the early 80's. I saw detail that I didn't even see in the theater (where I saw it at least 20 times. I use the stairs seen as my VHS to DVD comparison for people asking the difference between the 2. Also the sound is incredible. So go ahead.. go to the light.. Ok Ok bad pun. Just buy it you won't be dissapointed being one of Spielbergs few titles on DVD.