Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

A Simple Plan

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-99, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this in the theater and just finished watching the DVD. What a great film! The transfer was good, but would it kill Paramount to add some extras???? It was bad enough that they did such a poor job of promoting the movie while it was in its theatrical release. I would have loved a commentary by Sam Raimi. I consider this movie to be a sign of his growth as a director. He did an excellent job while straying from his usual techniques and telling a story vastly different from those he has in the past. But this disc had nothing. Not even a cheap little "Making Of" documentary!!! Just a trailer!!! Because I like the movie so much, it was well worth the price I pais (even at a retail store), but it annoys me when studios put out bare bones DVD versions of great movies.

jim

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~gamblor187.asp
Old 06-23-99, 07:02 PM

I agree 100%. I also saw it in the theatre and purchased it on DVD. While the purchase is worth it to me based on my enjoyment of the film, I just can't understand why they didn't add some features. Maybe a commentary from Raimi and Billy Bob. They'll probably reissue it at a later date with these features and get us to buy it again.

------------------
jason
Old 06-24-99, 01:40 AM

This movie is the perfect example why I think Paramount is the studio that needs to be pushed a little and we would then be getting some great disc from another studio. They are pretty much supporting 16x9 (not Titanic though, I know) and they have a hugh catalog that could have some great special editions of if they would just include something other than these 5 minute featurettes. A Simple Plan would have been a great one for a commentary track with Rameri, Paxton, and Thorton, along with some other stuff. It has to be somewhat simplier finding stuff for a newer movie than an older one.