Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Romancing the Stone DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-99, 04:48 PM
Apparition

I really like the movie, so I'm mainly wondering whether the DVD will look and sound good. I understand it's widescreen with a remastered 5.1 soundtrack.

Any of you guys seen it (or perhaps have the laserdisc version)? I'm a little worried because the movie is pretty old, but I have my fingers crossed.

--Apparition
Old 05-20-99, 07:11 PM
ThunderChild

I really don't care what special features are on this one. I know, it's horrible for a new dvd collector to say, but I love Kathleen Turner and have already pre-ordered this and Jewel of the Nile from Reel just for her. Yes, extra stuff would be nice, but I'd honestly be happy with just the movie itself in widescreen!
Old 05-25-99, 04:26 PM
DarkElf

Apparition -- I just got through posting a complaint in the DVDTalk forum that this movie was in Dolby Surround, then I saw your post. Everything I've seen about Romancing/Jewel is that both are in Dolby Surround. Also, neither is enhanced for widescreen.

I'm bummed too because I really liked both movies (and Kathleen Turner as well -- I think she's a Maryland grad to boot!)

-- Stephen
Old 05-25-99, 05:22 PM
Apparition

DarkElf--yeah, Laserviews lied I think. They claimed it was in AC3. So I ordered the dang thing, only to find out last weekend it's in Dolby Surround.

Oh well. Not a big deal. I probably would've gotten it anyway. There's a great review of it over on Digital Eyes. Supposedly, the picture is just phenomenal.

--Apparition
Old 05-25-99, 09:19 PM
ed

Hi Guys,

Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile have both received favorable reviews from Digital Eyes. Here are the links for both reviews:

Romancing the Stone
Jewel of The Nile
Check it out!