DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: A Bug's Life

Old 04-16-99, 01:45 PM
Dead

If anyone has received this DVD yet I'd like to hear about it. I'm thinking about ordering it and would like to know what it has to offer.

D.

Old 04-19-99, 08:34 PM
Dead

So, has anyone got "A Bug's Life" yet? Inquiring minds want to know all about it.

D.

Old 04-19-99, 11:05 PM
jhansen

Got it today.

Of the two, I prefer Antz.

Old 04-28-99, 12:29 AM
Wayne Thomas

"A Bug's Life" is much better than Antz. If you want Woody Allen's dry humor, and you're really picky about ants having the right amount of legs, than get "Antz". If you want a superior movie that looks graphically better, and has more replay value, get "A Bug's Life". Remember, "A Bug's Life" made more money for a reason. Rent it, and you will see why. Don't buy a movie that is not as good just because it's anamorphic and has extras. The only good thing about Antz is Gene Hackman.

Old 04-28-99, 12:59 AM
Blake

I never saw Antz, but from what I have heard the general concensus is that A Bug's Life is better than Antz. You can read my review of A Bug's Life here. I also love the outtakes included on the DVD. I only saw the first half in theaters and both are equally hilarious.

Blake Kunisch | [email protected]
An Outermost Experience! | DVD Tracker List

Old 04-28-99, 03:41 PM
Toaster

I saw both and while I am a HUGE fan of Woody Allen, I enjoyed "A Bug's Life" a little more.

"Antz" is exceptionally violent...complete with massacres, demonic bugs, bar room brawls, machiavellian manipulation and really adult themes. I certainly found the script to be a lot funnier but as a parent of two little girls (under 3 years), I turned it off and watched it without them. Gene Hackman is just too scary for little

"A Bug's Life" has it's violent moments but for the most part is slapsticky and silly. It is a lot of fun. The DVD itself is excellent quality (the colors are so robust they hurt your eyes).

Toaster

Old 04-28-99, 08:57 PM
Dead

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if I should go with A Bug's Life or Antz and the comparisons were great. I went ahead and got A Bug's Life. I may get Antz later too... if the price would come down somewhere it would help.

D.