Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

High and Low DVD - DO NOT BUY!

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

High and Low DVD - DO NOT BUY!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-99, 08:43 PM
Steve

DO NOT BUY THIS DISC!
Now that I have got your attention...The disc is another is a serious of defective products from criterion. The first disc I bought just kept on spinning in the DVD player - it didn't even recognize that it was a DVD! It eventually jammed my machine (A Panasonic A310 which has worked flawlessly for literally 100's of discs) and I had to turn the machine off and on again to just get the disc out! I sent it back and got a replacement, and it was no different. I called Reel.com and they said "yeah. A lot of people have complained they can't read that disc."

I can't speak for the movie itself, since I have never seen it, but I certainly don't think it is work paying $30 for a defective product.

Old 04-18-99, 09:36 PM
jhansen

My copy works just fine for me.
Old 04-18-99, 10:40 PM
Bugg

My copy also works fine on my Panasonic A-300
Old 04-19-99, 12:16 AM
Laughncat

I can sympathize with ya! I've went through two copies and they've both turned out to be unplayable on my Pioneer 414. As soon as I hit chapter 21, my player stalls and begins revving it'self like a race car! The wierd part is that I've watched this film before on a Toshiba player and had no problems. It sucks that I can't enjoy this great film anymore >-_-
Old 04-19-99, 02:24 PM
Videohunter

Oh Oh. I bought this DVD ages ago when Amazon still had 50% their top 50. I better crack it open and check it out. I wonder if I would still be able to return it!