Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Sling Blade Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-99, 10:32 PM
Wayne Thomas

I liked "Sling Blade" because it had a very good storyline and there was a lot of emotion involved in this movie. Thorton, in my opinion, provides the best acting in this movie as Karl. Karl is a man that has mental problems, yet he cares for a young boy enough to give up his freedom in the world. For people who liked Rain Man, they will probably like this movie. "Sling Blade" is a much darker movie than Rain Man, but there is some small similarities between the two. This DVD looks pretty good for the most part, but since it's not dual layered, you will notice some grainy areas when scenes are shown inside a house at nightime. The video is only (2)Dolby Digital, but we can't complain about that because it wasn't 5.1 dolby digital in theaters. The disc contains no extras at all, but I'm sure the reason for this is that it's a single layer movie at 135 minutes. Still, a decent movie.