Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison'

Old 08-21-11, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Paul Mavis's DVD review of Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=45598 and...of course it's a hoax. I watched it out of curiousity and it was amusing. But of course, plastic surgery will not enable him to have the same voice or voice patterns. That can easily be confirmed. Hoax exposed. Or did the hoaxers think no one would think of this?
Old 09-16-11, 08:24 AM

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George H

I had to chuckle when I saw this movie. There were many discrepancies, George Harrison's accent being the most obvious. The actor's accent sounded very contrived, and I would think that many in Liverpool would just roll their eyes if they heard this guy speak.

MI-5 might have the best plastic surgeons in the world, but training a look-alike to "behave" like Paul McCartney, play like Paul McCartney, and fool close friends and family for the rest of his life? Hardly! Surely McCartney's close family would have been able to tell that "Faul" was not "Paul"?

How about the song, "Taxidermist"? The song title that was supposed changed to Taxman, but somehow the lyrics still referred to taxidermy? Not the last time I read those lyrics. Strangely enough George Harrison's song "Taxman" is all about over taxation in Britain under one prime minister (Harold Wilson), and the then new leader of the opposition, at the time of the song (Edward Heath).

A fun fiction though...to bad it wasn't advertised as such. All anyone has to do though is find the original Billy Campbell...or Billy Shears (assuming that he's still with us)...end of story :-).
Old 09-16-11, 02:11 PM

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George H

Originally Posted by ldavis
I read Paul Mavis's DVD review of Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=45598 and...of course it's a hoax. I watched it out of curiousity and it was amusing. But of course, plastic surgery will not enable him to have the same voice or voice patterns. That can easily be confirmed. Hoax exposed. Or did the hoaxers think no one would think of this?
I always assumed that the whole thing was meant to be a joke.