Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Inexpensive (~$10) DeepDiscount 25% Sale Recommendations Thread - 2010 Edition

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Inexpensive (~$10) DeepDiscount 25% Sale Recommendations Thread - 2010 Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Inexpensive (~$10) DeepDiscount 25% Sale Recommendations Thread - 2010 Edition

Dagon: $7.79. A really underrated, creepy Lovecraftian horror film from Stuart Gordon. It has an atmosphere that is very rare.

Lone Wolf McQuade: $7.79. One of the most insane 80s action films and arguably Chuck Norris' finest hour.

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin: $7.90. My favorite martial arts movie of all time and a Shaw Bros. classic. Also one of Dragon Dynasty's few great releases.

Hard Boiled: $7.90. Everyone should own Hard Boiled.

About a Boy: $5.17. My favorite Hugh Grant performance and a very heartfelt movie.
Old 06-10-10, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Inexpensive (~$10) DeepDiscount 25% Sale Recommendations Thread - 2010 Edition

Little Children - $6.38

excellent movie by Todd Field (In the Bedroom) anchored by an amazing set of performances
Old 06-12-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

This threat wouldn't be so dead if it was in the DVD Bargains Forum, which seems fitting seeing as how it is a thread devoted to bargain dvds...
Old 06-12-10, 01:38 PM
ktg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
This threat wouldn't be so dead if it was in the DVD Bargains Forum, which seems fitting seeing as how it is a thread devoted to bargain dvds...
Agreed. The thread started out in the Bargains forum, then apparently the mods moved it here. I thought it was deleted until someone pointed me over to it. Too bad, as I found it to be a useful source for blind buys so far.
Old 06-14-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ktg
Agreed. The thread started out in the Bargains forum, then apparently the mods moved it here. I thought it was deleted until someone pointed me over to it. Too bad, as I found it to be a useful source for blind buys so far.
Thirded, I keep forgetting its here as I never click on this forum. I have no clue why the mods are so nitpicky, does it really harm anything leaving it in the other forum? Seems like its just anal, once the sale is over then move the thread here or delete it.
Old 06-14-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, the placement's my fault. I didn't want to clutter up the Bargains thread with another DeepDiscount discussion, so I plopped this recommendations thread in the DVD Recommendations section.