Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Spirit: 2 Disc Special Edition'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-09, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of The Spirit: 2 Disc Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=36894 and...I would like inform you, that
Scarlett Johansson "actress"actually is a clone from original person,who has nothing with acting career.Clone was created illegally using stolen biomaterial.Original Scarlett Galabekian last name is nice, CHRISTIAN young lady.Original family didn't authorize any activity with stolen biomaterials,no matter what form it was created in,it's all need to be back to original family control in Cedars-Sinai MedicalCenter in LA.Controlling clones is US military operation.Original Scarlett never was engaged,by the way
Old 04-08-09, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: DVD Talk review of 'The Spirit: 2 Disc Special Edition'

Originally Posted by sergal
I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of The Spirit: 2 Disc Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=36894 and...I would like inform you, that
Scarlett Johansson "actress"actually is a clone from original person,who has nothing with acting career.Clone was created illegally using stolen biomaterial.Original Scarlett Galabekian last name is nice, CHRISTIAN young lady.Original family didn't authorize any activity with stolen biomaterials,no matter what form it was created in,it's all need to be back to original family control in Cedars-Sinai MedicalCenter in LA.Controlling clones is US military operation.Original Scarlett never was engaged,by the way
To quote Ultravox - this means nothing to me. Oh, Vienna.

BILL
Old 04-08-09, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's just what they want you to think...
Old 04-08-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the immortal words of Jack Nicholson: "Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here."
Old 04-08-09, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, that's where the clone shipment went to. Somebody was looking for that.
Old 04-09-09, 12:05 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

I blame the previous administration.
Old 04-09-09, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did I see this? I've seen this before. It's some sort of weird spam, but I've witnessed it previously.
Old 04-09-09, 06:32 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen "Posts: 0" before. I guess the site generated reply to review posts don't count as a post.
Old 04-09-09, 09:55 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Where did I see this? I've seen this before. It's some sort of weird spam, but I've witnessed it previously.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews...a-blu-ray.html

A Google search also finds more of these at other sites.
Old 04-09-09, 10:10 AM

^ That thread is hilarious. Thanks.
Old 04-09-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was a very generous review. If this film was not adapting a famous comic book or if it came out before Sin City, then maybe it could have been appreciated more.

But as a fan of Eisner and The Spirit, the film is an insult to the creator and the character. The Spirit comic was wacky, but Miller's interpretation of The Spirit wackiness was not a good representation. I would say that this film is more insulting than Joel Schumacher's Batmans, because Schumacher was just choosing to re-invent the cheesy Batman, but no one wanted to see cheesy Batman anymore...

I'm all for giving it another chance though - I would buy the DVD for $5...

I wonder how many people that didn't like the film will actually buy the DVD? It's that type of movie that DVD collectors are just gonna think "the video, audio, and the Sin City visuals are awesome just as is, so I will buy the DVD!"
Old 04-09-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I wonder how many people that didn't like the film will actually buy the DVD?
I'll buy it if it comes with a Scarlett Johansson clone...
Old 04-09-09, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666
But as a fan of Eisner and The Spirit, the film is an insult to the creator and the character.
I'd have to strongly agree.

I'm pretty easy on films generally, and was ready to once again defend Miller and like this film. But it was as bad as all the critics (except Bill) said.

But the more I think about how great Eisner and the Spirit were, the more it sickens me. I think this is the first movie that actually did that, it sickened me. I left the theater in physical and mental pain.

Here's what I wrote right after seeing the film, just to pile on some more. "Went into this fully hoping to be one of the dissenters and love the film.

Nope. Total pile of poo. A lot of the scenes and dialogue felt like they were first takes, most of the humor was completely unfunny, and I left the theater feeling like one of the greatest creations in comic history had been violently raped."
Old 04-09-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel like the one person who didn't hate it.

And I am actually pretty sure that I saw that spam on YouTube as a video comment.
Old 04-12-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Let me guess, Ewan McGregor is a clone too, right?
Someone needs to tell this guy that "The Island" was just a movie!