Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Rocker - Born To Rock Special Edition'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read David Cornelius's DVD review of The Rocker - Born To Rock Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=36112 and...

His comparison to Jack Black was spot on. In fact, I would say that this entire movie just feels like a rejected Jack Black script, as if Jack Black had two music movies to choose from: Rocker and School of Rock, and he wisely chose the better of the two.

The only thing that keeps this movie from being a complete dud is the talent involved, but barely. I would give it probably two, maybe three, stars out of ten. Some nice Arrested Development references here and there, good to see SNL, Arrested Development, and NBC Thursday night sitcom actors together in one movie, but too bad they didn't get a good script to work with.

And I give it one extra star (thus from two to three) for the Pete Best cameo. Well done. But that's really the best part of this movie. I was not at all amused by Wilson's Jack Black impersonation.