DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

In Bruge - Any reviews of the dvd?

Old 06-27-08, 05:16 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 1,827
In Bruge - Any reviews of the dvd?

I read the theatrical review of In Bruge here at dvdtalk, but will there be a review for the dvd release? Does Focus Features even send out screener copies?

I was considering a blind buy, but cannot justify the $19.99 price otherwise.
tofferman is offline  
Old 06-27-08, 09:00 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 130
There should be a review in a week.
Bacharach is offline  
Old 06-27-08, 09:40 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,464
Originally Posted by tofferman
I read the theatrical review of In Bruge here at dvdtalk, but will there be a review for the dvd release? Does Focus Features even send out screener copies?

I was considering a blind buy, but cannot justify the $19.99 price otherwise.
Tofferman. DO IT! I will reimburse you your money if you don't like it. I've been begging this couple I know to see it for months in the theater. I just got an e-mail from them tonight and they said they just rented it, and I quote "It was fucking awesome! 8.5/10 rating".
Daytripper is offline  
Old 06-27-08, 10:51 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bend, Oregon
Posts: 1,827
Originally Posted by Daytripper
Tofferman. DO IT! I will reimburse you your money if you don't like it. I've been begging this couple I know to see it for months in the theater. I just got an e-mail from them tonight and they said they just rented it, and I quote "It was fucking awesome! 8.5/10 rating".
I need more friends like you! That way I could accumulate my dvd collection for a lot cheaper.

Originally Posted by Bacharach
There should be a review in a week.
Looking forward to it. Seeing that none of the dvd websites that I peruse daily have reviewed it, I assume no screener copies were sent out.
tofferman is offline  
Old 06-27-08, 11:33 PM
  #5  
X
Administrator
 
X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1987
Location: AA-
Posts: 10,734
I've seen it and it has a good amount of special features. Deleted/gag scenes, features about the making of, and ones about the city. None very long, but not bad.

The DVD looked good. I'm still undecided as to how much I liked the movie though.
X is offline  
Old 06-28-08, 07:17 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,464
Originally Posted by tofferman
I need more friends like you! That way I could accumulate my dvd collection for a lot cheaper.
Hey hey. I work on the honor system. Don't make me pull out the lie detector
Daytripper is offline  
Old 06-28-08, 04:39 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by tofferman
Seeing that none of the dvd websites that I peruse daily have reviewed it, I assume no screener copies were sent out.
You can always check DVD Basen to see if any sites have reviewed a particular DVD. It appears that both DVD Times and DVD Movie Central have reviews up for In Bruges.
souvenir is offline  
Old 07-01-08, 12:11 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Papillion, NE!
Posts: 2,342
I love this movie. I'm getting the DVD soon...
Zodiac_Speaking is offline  
Old 07-04-08, 06:46 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 130
The review is up.
Bacharach is offline  
Old 07-04-08, 11:02 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,464
Originally Posted by Bacharach
The review is up.
Just saw it (the review). Perfect!

But you couldn't have given the film a 4.5/5?? Still the best film of 2008 (so far).
Daytripper is offline  
Old 07-04-08, 01:47 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surf City, CA
Posts: 1,577
Watched it last night!

Brilliant, enthralling, everything a movie should be....loved it

Is it that transparent?
Dan1boy is offline  
Old 07-04-08, 03:44 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 130
The only thing that kept it from a 4.5 for me is the ending -- it hits me as just a little too tidy, but that's the only quibble I have. You're right, it's a brilliant movie.
Bacharach is offline  
Old 07-04-08, 05:57 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,464
Originally Posted by Bacharach
The only thing that kept it from a 4.5 for me is the ending -- it hits me as just a little too tidy, but that's the only quibble I have. You're right, it's a brilliant movie.
Yes!
Daytripper is offline  
Old 07-05-08, 01:34 PM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
Another review here as well:
http://www.dvdcorner.net/reviews/dvd...in_bruges.html
whovian43 is offline  
Old 07-07-08, 07:37 AM
  #15  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bridgeview, IL
Posts: 934
WOW! Great little flick!

Excellant acting, story, cinematography and location shooting! 9/10

Drama, witty banter, violence, etc - this one has it all.
FlickMan is offline  
Old 07-08-08, 01:25 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,464
Originally Posted by whovian43
Terrible review. A grade "B" rating!?? For the movie AND the picture quality?? Uh, no.
Daytripper is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.