Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Blade The Series - The Complete Series'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I read David Walker's DVD review of Blade The Series - The Complete Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32401 and...

I disagree that fans of the movie will be disappointed by the tv series. I honestly thought the series was very good extension of the movies. True the series didn't focus on blade most of time but I thought that was good thing. I thought the different vampire houses were more interesting than blade since we know pretty much all about him and why he is out fighting vampires. Focusing on other characters keeps the show from going stale. This is one of the problems I had with buffy, to many of the shows were about buffy. Here everyone is on equal footing and not just blade support character. Note I do like Sticky playing blade and just like that the show wasn't center on him.

Other than that I agree with the review.
Old 02-20-08, 12:39 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another fan. I enjoyed all three movies and found the TV series to be nearly as much fun ... and more coherent. It takes a couple of episodes to find its footing, but then careens along very enjoyably.
Old 02-27-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I disagree with the review.

I just finished the TV set and found it to be much better than I even remember it from when it played on Spike. The overall storyline was much better than the last movie in the trilogy. I also felt that it was a good move to make the show much more of an ensemble piece. In doing so they gave a decent amount of humanity to the main vampires (especially Marcus & Chase towards the end). Also, Sticky came off very well as Blade...a bit more street thugish IMO. I'll admit that the objectives of the main villian were abit of Blade 1 rehash but there is something about a demon running a corporation that I found more appealing than a general renegade.
Old 02-27-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
I liked the series...was one of the many who picked it up for $14. Went through it in a couple days. I only saw the first movie, and I basically forgot most of it.
Old 02-28-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the movies, and I think I saw part of the pilot to the series on TV, but I didn't really get into it. I'm really enjoying the dvd set of the series, though. I think the fact that this is a long and fairly complex storyline---no stand-alone episodes---that it's more rewarding to watch them in order on DVD to appreciate the full story. I also like the fact that this is more of an ensemble piece than just the focus on Blade. And I think the co-lead, Jill Wagner, is a good actress. She's pretty and smart, and I also find her believable as an Iraq war veteran.

I think this series is quite well-done, and fills out the Blade mythology nicely.
Old 03-02-08, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
They still had this priced at $15 at best buy. It wasn't suppose to be but they sold it to me for that price anyway.