Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Hills Have Eyes 2: Unrated'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-07, 09:38 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Preston Jones's DVD review of The Hills Have Eyes 2: Unrated at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=28993 and...

Sorry but I have to disagree with the review.

While I'll be first to admit that the movie is not a master piece, in my opinion it delivers what it set out to do...what it was made to do.

Shock and scare us by seeing what might happen to a group of unsuspecting caught in an unimaginable, disturbing situation.

I thought the special effects were done very well, and the cast did an excellent job in their roles.

This is a horror movie, perhaps more along the lines of a B-Movie, but a horror movie nonetheless.

And in that it delivers. I was disgusted, shocked, surprised, and laughed at the few appropriate moments.

There was a lack of emotional investment for the characters, more so than the first I'll agree. But what do you really expect here? This is a survival/horror slasher movie...that's what you get. The pacing is quite fast once the deaths begin and you are there for the nerve racking ride.

I'd give this movie a solid B, it delivered everything I expected it to, after seeing the 1st one and watching the trailers for this one. There were no surprises.

THHE2 was exactly what it was made to be. A gory, scary, horror film!

If you are a fan of Survival Horror/Slasher/Creature features then this certainly is worth a rental IMO

Regards,
Old 07-26-07, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll provide the counter-point here and say that if you are a fan of GOOD gory, scary horror films AVOID this one at all costs.

This isn't the kind of fun crappy horror film the 80's used to provide. This is terrible casting, worse acting, shoddy trainee-grade make-up effects and a story so retarded I'm not convinced the studio didn't hire Corky from Life Goes On to pen it. And to add insult to injury the first director sucked so bad they canned him and replaced him with... wait for it.... Wes Craven. Yes, the man still intends to ruin his legacy any way he can.

I made the unfortunate mistake of seeing (and paying) for this in theaters. My only hope is to stop others from this painful experience while they still have a chance.

-1/10. (Yes, I gave it BELOW zero because it made me feel dumber after watching it)