Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Attack Force'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Attack Force at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=25185 and...completely agree. Better yet - borrow from a friend, absolutley the worst that Seagal has every been involved with. Voice over's / poorly done. az
Old 12-16-06, 08:37 PM

Attack Force is really bad

I like Steven Segeal movies, good ones or bad ones I like them. His fight scenes are realistic and good. His acting has always been stiff, not an issue. But this movie is kind of dubbed. You hear 5 to 10 minutes of Segeal then you get a dubbing for a line or two. How bad was this movie that the editors thought they could have someone else dub his voice occasionally, the voice is wrong and the words do not match the lips. After 45 minutes I decided that we must rise up and go to the film editors house and beat the crap out of him. He must be convinced that he needs to do something else for a living and anybody that rented that movie should be given their money back plus a penalty for watching it.
Old 05-31-07, 08:01 AM

Steven Seagal ATTACK FORCE 2006

Attack Force: I’m sitting here kicking myself in the butt for buying a DVD just because it had Steven Seagal’s name on the title. I tried to get at least half way through the movie but the thing absolutely stunk from beginning to where I finally took the DVD out of my machine and threw it across the room.

Steven Seagal looks like he’s suffering from some kind of glandular problem because his face is so bloated and he is constantly covered with a big overcoat practically the whole move long. The sound is very poor rendering the background music too loud to hear the dialogue at many points. There is a compound fracture of the story line and it is splintered into at least two main directions amid a bunch of other distracters. The lighting is poor and there is a lot of ridiculous shadowing of the players in scenes preventing the viewer from seeing what is actually happening. There is illogical use of props and other elements that just don’t make sense, i.e., why would an Admiral in uniform have a goatee and long hair…? Or, why throw a smoke grenade into a house that is dark and right in front of troops trying to secure that space…?

Another thing that makes no sense is how CTX can make the eyes of those addicted to the substance flick together like the alien Will Smith confronted in “Men In Black I...” Is this a copywrite violation? Just wondering.

Don’t get or watch this movie unless you’re really into boredom and confusion as a pastime. For those of you who have this DVD already, they make really good coasters…