Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

recommend some dvds for me

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-06, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i burned through my entire cue from blockbuster.com in about a month. For some reason they started sending me 5 dvds out at a time instead of 3, and then i can take those 5 dvds into the brick and mortar location to get another 5 dvds.

Here is what i watched recently.

la femme nikita complete series.
sopranos complete series.
babylon 5 complete series
niptuck complete series
Rome complete series
homicide life in the street complete series
law and order s 14

Please recommend some dvds for me, i try to get things from blockbuster.com that they do not have in their brick and mortar stores(la femme nikita, babylon 5, homicide) or they have them, but are almost always rented out- like sopranos, niptuck etc

any and all recommendations are welcome, but i have already seen just about everything I want to see- i think - but my cue is just about empty. The above list is what i have watched recently and enjoyed a lot.
Old 11-15-06, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it looks like you are into TV on DVD. I'd recommend Lost, Entourage, Battlestar Gallactica and Arrested Development.
Old 11-15-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
the tv series NOWHERE MAN
Old 11-15-06, 07:45 PM

thanks, i have heard good things about all of those except for arrested development which i plan to pick up at black friday(which is on sale at BB for $9.99). I also added the doctor series with sandra oh(grays anatomy i think?)

It isnt that i dont watch dvd movies, but for the tv seasons they usually arent available in the brick and mortar Blockbuster stores, and every time i bring in a dvd that i got from blockbuster.com, i get a free rental from their brick and mortar store- i get the good new releases like batman begins, the new superman flick etc.

OH i also watched the first 2 seasons of smallville, it is a good show but i keep hearing that it gets really bad after season 2. Is this true?
Old 11-17-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Some recommendations:

Wire in the Blood series
The Wire
Alias
Boomtown
Murder One
Old 11-17-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by iconoclasm
thanks, i have heard good things about all of those except for arrested development which i plan to pick up at black friday(which is on sale at BB for $9.99).
You haven't heard good things about Arrested Development?
Old 11-21-06, 08:57 PM

no i heard good things about arrested development, but i was planning on picking that up at best buy on black friday, i guess i didnt phrase that very well. I just finished watching the first disc of Lost, and that made things a LOT more easier to understand. I tried watching an episode earlier, and thought it was really difficult to jump into a series like that having missed the first couple of seasons. I kept thinking "wtf is going on here". watching disc one makes me want to see more of the show(preferably in the natural order)
Old 11-22-06, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Shield. Best show on TV, period.
Old 11-27-06, 07:35 PM

yeah i have seen all 4 seasons that are on dvd and am anticipating the season 5, although i foolishly read a thread on dvdtalk spoiling which main character dies in season 5. I was freaking pissed let me tell you. that made me take a long hiatus from this site.

this is a good list so far thanks. I have a gripload of dvds from the BB sale on black friday so i am totally set for at least the next month or so. thanks for all the suggestions
Old 11-27-06, 11:10 PM
Suspended

you must check out The Corner. after that....check out The Wire.
Old 11-28-06, 12:24 AM

Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly are all GREAT series.