Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Rest Stop'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Rest Stop at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=24287 and...I rented this through netflix. the DVD was unrated but it only had 2 alternate endings and a trailer vs. the 3 alternate endings and featurettes that is available on the unrated version in stores. What's up with that?
Old 10-25-06, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by cbtaber
I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Rest Stop at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=24287 and...I rented this through netflix. the DVD was unrated but it only had 2 alternate endings and a trailer vs. the 3 alternate endings and featurettes that is available on the unrated version in stores. What's up with that?
I rented it from my local Movie Gallery last week and the unrated version I got was the same as the one in stores with the 3 alternate endings and featurettes. There is a short featurette dealing with the family in the RV that is worth seeing IMO.
Old 10-31-06, 03:34 PM

I don't think I've ever been so happy for a film to end.
Old 01-29-07, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I'm with MonsterMan. This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. My girlfriend and I were hoping that everyone in this movie would die almost instantly.

I realize the movie is called Rest Stop, and they probably saved a fortune on location, but how fucking stupid is this girl? After the first or second fucked up thing happened, I'd be high-tailing it out of there. I don't care how far I'd have to walk. I sure as hell wouldn't be drinking a half bottle of Wild Turkey.
Old 01-29-07, 02:55 PM

MINOR SPOILERS REGARDING THEMES

This movie def' suffered from not wanting to know what it wanted to be - straight forward thriller or existential horror, and decided to be a combo, but for me didnt succeed in doing so at all. I still look forward to see what this new company will do though since the movie did show some promise even though the script was kinda crappy. 5/10
Old 02-04-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
worst blind buy i have ever made in my life. this movie just sucked. the acting was horrible, the story could have been good but it just didnt work for me.