Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Basic Instinct 2'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 07-11-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Basic Instinct 2 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=22427 and...

yeah, the movie sucked balls big time, but, i noticed that some of the scenes that are in the unrated promo that came out before the movie, are not in the finished product, even in the unrated version.
Here's the link to that promo http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/2006/02/06/basic_instinct_2_uncensored_pr_1.html (warning, def not safe for work, contains sex, nudity and some graphic violence, the only reason i am posting the link is to see if some scenes are missing on the dvd)
Old 07-12-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wonder what's up with that as well? The unrated version is only 2 minutes longer from the running times listed on the packages. How more explicit is the unrated version?

So there is no threesome in the unrated version I take it? Is any of this footage in the deleted scenes section included on the dvd or not?
Old 07-12-06, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

not that i am awear of, and in regards to the deleted scenes, its all dialogue and no good stuff. hell just watching the uncensored trailer is all you really need, since it has most of the sex in its entirety from the finished version plus more.
Old 07-12-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,465 Likes on 2,492 Posts
Very disappointed with this release. I'm glad I only rented this movie, because the special features sucked as well. Fluffy 11 minute EPK feature and some boring deleted scenes. I cannot believe the material from the promo was not featured in the unrated version.
Old 07-12-06, 09:31 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched the whole thing last night. There was definitely NO 3 way scene. There was not much Sharon nude scenes either. The unrated version was very lame IMO.