Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Pulse (Kairo)'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of Pulse (Kairo) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20277 and...

regarding the region 3 version and this line about the region 1 version "While the English subtitles match the action perfectly..."
does this mean that there are problems with the synch of the region 3 version? and is that version anamorphic? I also noticed that most of the other versions of the film out there are indeed 2.0, so maybe the region 3 is a remix and the 2.0 is how the film was originally mixed. Def looking forward to watching this movie, and then comparing it with the remake (which got delayed until july)
Old 02-20-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, what I'm trying to point out is that, on occasion, subtitles can lag behind a bit, sometimes even skipping lines of dialogue instead of offering a translation. The Region 1 version has no such issue (neither does the Reg. 3, fo that matter). Both Reg. 1 and Reg 3 are anamorphic. As for the mix, I can only tell you what I know from the Reg. 3 vs. Reg 1. Only option for the Reg. 3 is 5.1. Only option from Reg. 1 is 2.0

BILL
Old 02-21-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks Bill
if you were interested (i didn't read most of the review since i kind of want to go into the movie as blind as possible), but here is the "plot" of the remake
Imagine our wireless technologies made a connection to a world beyond our own. Imagine that world used that technology as a doorway into ours. Now, imagine the connection we made can't be shut down. When you turn on your cell phone or log on to your e-mail, they'll get in, you'll be infected and they'll be able to take life.

Summary written by Studio just released this description