Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Into the Blue'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-05, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Scott Weinberg's DVD review of Into the Blue at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=19377 and...

man was he harsh. While not perfect, I had lots of fun with this movie. Maybe its because I am a sucker for underwater themed movies, but I really did enjoy it. Yes the stars are nice to look at, but is that a bad thing. Looking at them motivated me right back "Into the Gym".
Just too harsh..its like Paul Walker beat this guys dog or something.
Old 12-23-05, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuckaMC
I read Scott Weinberg's DVD review of Into the Blue at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=19377 and...

man was he harsh. While not perfect, I had lots of fun with this movie. Maybe its because I am a sucker for underwater themed movies, but I really did enjoy it. Yes the stars are nice to look at, but is that a bad thing. Looking at them motivated me right back "Into the Gym".
Just too harsh..its like Paul Walker beat this guys dog or something.
I am going to back Mr. Weinberg's review 100%!!! This is one extremely poor, dull, and utterly pretencious film!! I never considered P.Walker an "actor" but this film just confirms it 100%!! On a side note...a few nights ago there was an old run of a Jay Leno show where mr. Walker was asked a few questions (clearly with the intention of promotion the film)...it was bad...most of his "talking" was: "ugggh....you know.....ugghh.....yeah, you know...yeah, that was cool...ughh" etc.

The review is right on!

Pro-B
Old 12-23-05, 01:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for reading. I actually take "harsh" as a compliment.

And thanks for the kind words, Probey. Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 12-23-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i really enjoyed it too, i think he was way to harsh. I would give it 3.5 stars i had lots of fun with this movie.
Old 12-25-05, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
i really enjoyed it too, i think he was way to harsh. I would give it 3.5 stars i had lots of fun with this movie.
Thanks! now its evened up... I just looked at this as a update of "The Deep". A movie I also enjoy.
Old 12-25-05, 03:49 AM

An "update"? More like a blatant rip-off The Deep, which is pretty crappy film in its own right. But then, The Deep had Robert Shaw, Nick Nolte, Jacqueline Bisset, Lou Gossett, and Eli Wallach. Into the Blue has Paul Walker, Jessica Alba, Josh Brolin, and Scott Caan.

And Sucka, there really is no "evened up," because if there were I could refer to the dozens of savage reviews at Rotten Tomatoes. You enjoyed the thing as mindless eye candy, and that's perfectly cool. I, on the other hand, did not.

As stated in my review, I thought the underwater cinematography and the last 20-some minutes were actually quite watchable. Too bad it takes a lot more than a wet cinematographer and two good action scenes to make a quality film.

Some actors are kinda "blah" and you can enjoy their movie anyway. And then there's people like Walker & Alba, who are so hilariously inept at acting that it actually becomes a hindrance and an annoyance. Put Kate Winslet & Ewan McGregor in the lead roles, and Into the Blue would still suck, but not like it does now.

You say I'm being too harsh. I say you're being way too charitable. Different folks like different stuff.
Old 01-06-06, 09:37 PM

Be honest now, is it so bad that even those of us starving babies wanting a taste of the bottle of milk that is Jessica Alba would still hate it?
Old 01-07-06, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I am lactose intolerant....really!!!

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 01-14-06, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
I am lactose intolerant....really!!!

Ciao,
Pro-B
so you're .....g....uhm.....?!
Old 01-14-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

No, I am not....AT ALL....but I don't find her looks that fascinating!...believe it or not!!

Pro-B
Old 01-14-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't even begin to understand some people's fascination with Jessica Alba. She's average-looking at best. Most of the bartenders and waitresses in Manhattan are far more attractive. Personally I think Alba has a very boring look; I prefer an edgier or at least more classical look.
Old 01-15-06, 04:30 AM
Suspended

Im with Illennium and Pro-b. I admit she is nice to look at but way overrated.