Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge: The Complete Series'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge: The Complete Series'

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-05, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Preston Jones's DVD review of Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge: The Complete Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=17283 and...

I'm glad to see it got such a strong review. I fell in love with this show when an English friend introduced me to it, and I personally prefer it to "The Office."

If Preston Jones is reading my post, just out of curiousity, how bad is the PAL-to-NTSC transfer? I'm thinking about picking this up if it's comparable to BBC America's other DVD releases, like their Holy Trinity boxset of "Father Ted," which wasn't too bad. But some PAL-to-NTSC transfers can be downright distracting, like A&E's recent release of "Danger Mouse." Any extra feedback would be highly appreciated.
Old 08-31-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks for the kind words ... the PAL-to-NTSC transfer isn't horrible and is comparable to other BBC America titles;you'll notice the PAL source material, but it's far from distracting.
Old 09-01-05, 02:33 PM

Many thanks for the extra info. Looks like I'll be picking this one up after all....

By the way, the next two seasons featuring Alan Partridge (both entitled "I'm Alan Partridge") have been released on R2 DVDs by the BBC. They feature commentaries by Coogan (including some with Alan Partridge himself). But I agree that it's a shame the BBC couldn't persuade him to participate in the commentaries for Knowing Me Knowing You.