Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Space Camp (MGM) DVD

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking around for a DVD review of "Space Camp" (sometimes written as one word) which I thought was released on DVD earlier this year. The only reviews I could find were for an older release by Anchor Bay a couple years ago.

Are there any reviews of the MGM 1006070 DVD release?
Is the MGM version the same barebones mediocre transfer as the Anchor Bay edition or has it been improved at all?
Old 04-04-04, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have nothing to compare it to but its not anamorphic so I would assume its an old transfer. The picture is pretty decent, not too many dust specks and fairly sharp at times. Some grain does come in from time to time. I doubt this will ever be rereleased. There are no features at all, not even a trailer which I believe the Anchor Bay one has.
Old 04-05-04, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks, DarthMarino. I was afraid there'd be no replies. It's enough to know that the DVD is featureless, but at least the transfer is tolerable, so it's probably the Anchor Bay version without the trailer. It's strange they'd drop it.

The only reason I'm considering this DVD which ranks near the bottom of my "maybe" list is I have a lot of credit at Borders and I'm searching hard for anything that's not too overpriced (a difficult feat, at times). Space Camp is a possibility as it's $10.99 there.
Old 04-06-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i own the first release and the transfer is fairly good being its not anamorphic. it does indeed include the trailer on there. I looked into getting the new release but is the same print so i passed + the new cover-art stinks compared to the first release.
Old 04-14-04, 03:02 PM

I cant imagine the MGM one beging better than anchor bays, considering Anchor bay always has the netter masters and transfers, so I say stick with Anchor bays. I am betting aB was anamorphic.
Old 04-15-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by prince_of_saturn
I am betting aB was anamorphic.
You'd lose that bet.