Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

The Commitments

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-04, 10:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Commitments

I've been listening to the sound track for years. I just saw the movie. Wow!!! I plan to watch this every night for the rest of my life. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me as the music filled the room. I felt like I was in a concert hall and was close to dancing myself.

Ya know I don't even know why I bought the sound track. Never heard of the movie, nobody recommended it or anything. It was just an instinct. And a great one!
Old 03-20-04, 01:34 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great DVD and movie. Wish they included some outtakes or deleted scenes (if there were any).
Old 03-22-04, 11:24 AM
Cool New Member

I love this movie and the music. I was interested in seeing the special features on this DVD. I certainly enjoyed some of the special features. I was really interested in what the members of the cast were doing now since I don't believe any of them did anything significant in acting again. They showed what some of the cast are currently doing but left some others out. Even if some did not want to participate in the new DVD they still should have mentioned what the others are doing now.
Old 03-22-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The Commitments

Originally posted by MrVette99
...I plan to watch this every night for the rest of my life...
...you don't say...!...

. . . . . .
Old 03-25-04, 10:25 PM

Oh Yeah!

I'm now understanding, it's not just the music, it's about Natalie, Commitmentettes #3. She evolved into a beautiful woman as the band evolved into a musical phenomenon. She looked as beautiful as any woman can possible look when she was lead vocals for "I never loved a man" during the final appearance of "The Commitments". It's an experience as much as a pleasure to watch this film. WOW!!!
Old 03-28-04, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I rented this one as a blind buy when it was new on VHS, and loved it. I have a pay-cable taped copy somewhere, but I hadn't seen the film in years before seeing the DVD. What a great transfer - the music sounds better than even the CD did, and the extras are loads of fun.

This is one of my favourite DVD releases of the year so far!
Old 03-31-04, 10:26 PM

Now the film is making it into primetime, so to speak. CNN now reconizes it's special qualities and promotes it a some. linky