Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Demolition Man Review R1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-04, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Demolition Man Review R1?

Trying to find a review for the movie Demolition Man Region 1 regarding the picture and sound quality. This was one of my favorite early 90's pictures but I'm afraid the DVD will be grainy and dull with non-lackluster sound as it was released on DVD early.
Picture Quality is of the utmost importance as I watch movies on 100" 16x9 projector and even small flaws become a major distraction when blown up.
If anyone has this dvd and can give an honest review please let me know.
I still laugh at the fact in the movie they predicted "Governor Schwarzenegger" and then later "President Schwarzenegger" after they repealed the law regarding Presidents have to be born inside the US.....Too Funny.
Old 02-16-04, 12:29 AM

I won't go into detail but the picture quailty is like all of Warner's other early releases. It's rough and has a bit of grain. It's by no means unwatchable however.

The audio isn't bad for an early release. It makes decent use of the surrounds in the action scenes and overall is ample for the movie.

Feature wise it's pretty weak. You get a commentary which is nice, but other then a few trailers it's pretty bare.

If you're a fan of the movie I'd say it's worth getting. You can probably find it like $5 at Walmart or some other department store.
Old 02-16-04, 11:31 AM

Thanks for your review, I did find a partial review of the dvd on imdb.com and here is what they said.

"This is a nice transfer with lots of details. On some scenes chrominance/luminance delays are visible. It is free of video noise and motion artifacts."

I think i'll pick this one up.
Old 02-16-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if you have WB's older titles (Outbreak, under siege, & so on) then you'll pretty much got the picture there...
it's not a bad transfer even for today's standard, but allot can be improved from it....
the picture is good (not great nor excellent, & it ain't below average either). just like Obi-Wan said, the grain is there (minimal to my standard), detail is good, color is ok, black level is pretty consistant. it's a decent effort for early realease
sound is 5.1 matrix i believe. it's ok... could be better though

maybe if they dump the 4:3 transfer, the quality (both picture & sound) can be improved a notch or two

extras, you got commentary from the director & producer (Joel Silver), it's decent.... & some reading material (WB's old "special feature")

hope it helps
Old 02-20-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loved this one as well. It's true that the transfer can't compare to the newer releases, but it is most certainly serviceable and it's definitely worth a pick-up if you're a fan.

I don't know why but I always crack-up when Stallone walks into the dark room and falls down. "LIGHTS"