Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Scheme'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-04, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of The Scheme at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=9081 and...

I thought the movie was great for entertainment. Of course it would never win any awards, but it did it's job in sitting people down and having a few laughs. True, the only reason I brought the movie (the day it came out I may add) is because I am an overly obsessed Jimmy Fallon fan, but still, I though it was a good movie. Good plot, and the ending sure had me surprised. Also, the extras were wonderful. I think the best part of all was getting to see Jimmy in nothing but a towel.
That my friend, is priceless.

Vanessa,
The Fallonized Fallonatic
Old 01-15-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I may be a bit of a stickler, but Ian really needs to spell check and make sure grammer is correct. Examples are below:

In the year 2000, director M. A. G. (a clever shortened form of his real name, Marcus Andreas Gautesen) directed a movie called Just One Look starring up and coming Saturday Night Live star, Jimmy Fallon. The movie wasn’t picked up, and so it say on a shelf somewhere until Artisan Entertainment came to its rescue and slapped this baby out on a shiny silver disc under a new title, The Scheme, for your enjoyment.

Unfortunately, there’s very little in the way of anything remotely resembling enjoyment within a hundred miles of this movie and it Artisan should have done us all a favor and left it on the aforementioned shelf somewhere.

When Ray reads a letter that he stole out of the mail, he finds that Allison (Andi Tecac), the daughter of a local politician, is very much wanting to have her first real sexual experience, (should have a period in here somewhere) he figures this is a good opportunity for him to get ‘an in’ with her and sell some pictures of her in the act with him to a tabloid newspaper and make some real money.

Of course, things don’t go as planned and, predictably enough, Ray falls for Allison and throws he (should be him) and his friends’ plans into disarray resulting in what should, theoretically, be ensuing hilarity.

I might be picky...but regardless of how the dvd is, the review and the way it was written could have been so much better.

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 01-15-04 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-18-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Gotta love any movie with Brian Hooks in it !!