Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Any TREMORS 4 reviews yet?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-04, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

title says it all. Hoping it is better than 3 (never even bothered to buy that one, though I am considering 4 as a blind buy because 1, 2, and the TV show were all fun)
Old 01-06-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
There's one at the Home Theater Forum.

G. Noel Gross is writing the review for DVD Talk.
Old 01-07-04, 10:02 AM

Well, I broke down and picked it up without reviews. It is definitely worth it. Right now it is only available in a two pack with TREMORS (already had that one so I gave it to my boss). The story is simple, in 1880 Hiram (sp) Gummer (great grandfather of Burt Gummer) comes to the town of Rejection Nevada as something has killed all his mine workers save one (if you watched the Tremors TV series, the mine becomes very central in that as well). The FX and acting are much better than the sorry sack that was TREMORS 3. There are some minor CGI touch-ups in the movie, but they are back to the fullsize puppets and minituares (with a great documentary about making the grabois as well) and they look/work just as good as they did in TREMORS (and are much more effective than that CGI crap in TREMORS 3). Also have to give props to MIchael Gross (Burt/Hiram). He does a good job of playing the total opposite of Burt Gummer, but by the end of the movie you understand why Burt ends up the paranoid he is in the other films. The new form for the graboids (here called dirt dragons) is pretty cool as well, but it only seen at the begining of the movie (but after this one fans will have now seen the full life cycle of a graboid). Definitely worth picking up if you like the series as it is by far the best of the sequels (#1 still rules all though)
Old 01-08-04, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds like it might be worth checking out. The series kinda lost me when I heard the little buggers could fly in 3.