Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Anne Rice's The Feast of All Saints'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-03, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Holly E. Ordway's DVD review of Anne Rice's The Feast of All Saints at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8741 and...

Watch out, the retail edition comes with both widescreen and foolscreen, but if you do "rent it" from blockbuster, they have their own foolscreen only version. Almost bought it PVD, twice, but I read the fine print closely.
Old 12-20-03, 01:31 AM

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Anne Rice's The Feast of All Saints'

Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
I read Holly E. Ordway's DVD review of Anne Rice's The Feast of All Saints at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8741 and...

Watch out, the retail edition comes with both widescreen and foolscreen, but if you do "rent it" from blockbuster, they have their own foolscreen only version. Almost bought it PVD, twice, but I read the fine print closely.
What do you mean by "fool"screen?
Old 12-20-03, 06:57 AM
Defunct Account

foolscreen= fullscreen.

I prefer "pan and scan" for movie that have been mutilated since there are movies (pre 30's, made for TV etc.) that are fullscreen but still retain their OAR (Original Aspect Ratio.)
Old 10-08-04, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I enjoyed the DVD very much but I also read the book several years ago and enjoy Anne Rice Vampire/Witch novels. I am black and come from a very racially mixed background. I can understand some people not being able to get into the story as this part of history has been ignored by our school systems along with Native American history. As always, the book goes into more detail and gives more facts. The history of the South is very interesting and this is just a small part. Another interesting DVD about the Black culture in the Americas is 'Daughter's of the Dust' (Kino). I myself am very glad they made the effort to make this mini-series.

http://www.kino.com/video/item.php?film_id=78

Last edited by pagansoul; 10-08-04 at 07:48 AM.