Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Firefly - The Complete Series'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 12-11-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read Don Houston's DVD review of Firefly - The Complete Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8581 and... I agree completely. While viewing in the intended order did not immediately hook me, by the end of the second DVD I see the series start to jell quite nicely.

I am so glad that I picked this set up.

speedy1961
Old 12-11-03, 08:46 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
I never saw this series, but having read the mostly positive reviews, I will probably blind buy this one.
Old 01-08-04, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firefly review

I couldn't agree with the review more. Being snowed in over a few days last week, my wife and I saw the entire series. We were hooked by the end of the first disc and did not want it to end. This series combined nearly everything that you could want from a TV show. Mr. Whedon has a huge task of trying to make a movie for tha fans and the novices, but I am sure that he's up to it. Good luck to you and thank you for bringing one of the most entertaining series that we can remember.
Old 04-03-04, 02:00 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

I've been hearing more buzz about a possible movie so my fingers are crossed. Thanks for the compliments though, they are appreciated.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8581
Old 04-09-04, 10:53 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The movie is a definite go. I hope an ANGEL or BUFFY movie is next.
Old 04-14-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is one of my favorite blind buys of the past year. It's SO much better than I imagined. (I saw half of the first episode but stopped watching after I lost interest...what was I thinking?!?)
Old 05-31-04, 07:26 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Any news on the Firefly movie yet? I'm wanting to see it more and more as withdrawal sets in...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8581
Old 06-05-04, 09:36 AM

A Trek-obsessed friend of mine from work is actually pissed I lent him my box set. He and his wife watched it and now he says he can't believe how crappy Voyager looks in comparison. He says Firefly literally ruined Trek for him. I guess that's a compliment.
Old 06-06-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
Son-Volt:

If your friend thinks Firefly ruined Trek for him, get him to start watching Farscape...the effects, storyline, acting, etc..are head and shoulders above anything seen on tv SF except for a handful of shows (Trek not included).

I loved watching Firefly again on the box set and can't wait for the movie...the only episode I didn't really care for was the unaired "Heart of gold"; just didn't quite work for me, left me somewhat bored which none of the other episodes did.

Hope more people will become tuned into this show on dvd since it ran into such problems on network tv.