Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Should I wait for new Friday The 13th DVD's?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 10-24-03, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry for yet another Friday The 13th post, but I was looking at the latest Coconuts flyer, and they have Friday The 13th part 1-8 for only $7.99 each. Now I know there are special editions supposedly coming out, but the only special feature I would care about are the unrated versions of the film, and from what I remember reading, it's still up in the air on if they are even going to put the unrated versions on the new releases. Should I just pick up the original releases now or wait to see what happens with the SE's? Has anything been officially announced yet?

Dean
Old 10-25-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say if you think you're going to enjoy them now buy them and then sell them on eBay a couple months before the new ones come out.
Old 10-25-03, 12:50 AM

I wish WalMart would carry these titles. Does anyone have any idea why Walmart doesn't sell them?
Seems like a perfect choice especially around Halloween.

Davey M.
Old 10-25-03, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 901 Likes on 558 Posts
I'm in the same position. I finally decided to just wait until the new ones come out as I get sick of buying & re-buying stuff constantly. I have Part 2 and it seems that the others are coming on HBO or Cinemax all the time so I can wait. There's so much else coming out that it makes it a little easier...
Old 10-25-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,350 Likes on 997 Posts
Originally posted by davey_4964
I wish WalMart would carry these titles. Does anyone have any idea why Walmart doesn't sell them?
Seems like a perfect choice especially around Halloween.

Davey M.
I'm pretty sure they do. Around here the Wal Marts always put up a movie display for Halloween with horror movies and such. I'm fairly certain the F13 movies are in with them.
Old 10-25-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I'm waiting...It's been this long...a 'lil longer ain't gonna hurt...

And who knows what Paramount is gonna do with the SEs. I think they realize they've underestimated Friday/splatter fans. I don't think they'll mess these up. They might not put every.single.thing. some fans might think they should, but they could drop an extra nickel for remastered audio/video..

Whatever they do, i'm sure it's GOT to be better than the barebones versions out now..
Old 10-26-03, 09:03 PM

It'll be worth the wait just for the extra disc I'm sure they'll add.
Old 11-03-03, 02:50 PM

Waiting for the box set.

Before the prices went down, when they were atrociously high for movies with zero special features, I wouldn't have touched the DVDs with a ten-foot pole.

Now, however, I am waiting (impatiently) for the box set and hoping they deliver. Be nice if it was similar to a NOES box set and they gave it as much justice
Old 11-03-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When is the (proposed) street date on this set?

Sonicflood
Old 11-04-03, 11:15 AM

Hard to say, my first thought is just to wait...however I went and bought them all (except Pt. 8). When the new versions come out, like the upcoming Alien Films, I'll just keep both. I plan on having more than one DVD player in my house including a portable player for trips. Now, all I need is extra space!
Old 11-07-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, I"m waiting on this as well. I really had a hard time not purchasing them, with the price drop, however after watching them on the marathon for Halloween this year, I can wait a bit longer. To be honest, I didn't enjoy them as much as I remember.. I will still pick this up, when a boxset is released.