Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Robotech Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-03, 09:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Robotech Help

I am interested in buying some robotech video. Can someone recomend which one to start with? I was looking there is a ton of differant box sets out on the market. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-10-03, 08:54 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Start with the "Macross" series. I believe you can buy all 36 episodes on one box set. This is the complete first saga of the Robotech collection. It goes in this order 1-Macross Saga, 2-Robotech Masters Saga, 3-New Generation Saga.

They packaged the Macross sagas in 2 different ways--either with extras (in several box sets each saga) or as one boxset with no extras.

I assume you know the origins of Robotech/Macross and the differences between American Robotech and the original Japanese creations. The info i provided is for the American Robotech series--my personal favorite.
Old 02-10-03, 04:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the info. Is it worth getting the individual sets for the extras?
Old 02-11-03, 09:57 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
honestly, unless you LOVE the Robotech saga the extras are just fun to have and not necessary. The best extras come with the Macross Saga and the other box sets mostly have extras that are just fluff.

some extras that are good are:
Codename: Robotech -- a long movie length compilation of the first 10 episodes of Macross. Its edited and cropped and narrated by Captain Gloval. You would want to go back and see all 10 full length episodes but it is a good way to get the feel of Robotech.

The Sentinels -- This was a concept for a sequel that was never made. Lots of technicalities are pretty lame but its neat to see what could of been. They are currently making ROBOTECH 2004 which will be a new series and not at all like the 'Sentinels'.

Thats all i can think of now.