Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review: LoTR Extended Version

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review: LoTR Extended Version

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really want to see Viggo (Aragon)'s photo collage wall.... That would have been interesting... perhaps it is in the 3rd discs but I don't have time to scan over 2000 pictures!
Old 11-15-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had never seen LOTR, but based on the stellar reviews this set has received, I went out and bought it yesterday. OMG! I was amazed! Video quality is pristine (for the most part), the whole movie is visually stunning, and the story is great too. Well worth the money, IMO.
Old 11-29-02, 09:41 PM

I must say that I really like the added material found in the extended version. I like the added background information that it gives you.

I am very happy with Peter Jackson in the fact that he let the fans know that an extended version would be out, prior to the release of the first set of DVD's. It would be nice if other studio's and directors would follow his example. That gives the consumer the choice to buy version of his or her own choice. I like not being tricked into buying two copies. This is for any studio that might be reading the board... for the record I own both the theatrical and the extended cut... So if you would be upfront with us that wouldn't necessarily cut into your sales. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-02, 09:12 PM

I really enjoyed the extended version. If there is anyhting you want to know about the making of this film, you can find it in the extras. This is without a doubt the best dvd in my collection.