Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

MEGIDDO:OMEGA CODE 2 review

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-02, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see this advertised on any online retailers, but BestBuy had it on sale today. So it's a 1:85 anamorphic format, Digital 5.1,trailer and 3 little video specials.

The print has a little pixalation in some spots nothing major, the color looks just fine and the surround rear channels sound good.

Now the movie's story doesn't pick up where the last movie left off, instead it goes back and rewrites a new story line. The battle at the end is an o.k. military battle scene, but for some unknown reason Jesus doesn't make an appearance in this movie.
If you can find this for rent, rent it 1st. Not worth buying.
Old 02-28-02, 01:04 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Re: MEGIDDO:OMEGA CODE 2 review

Originally posted by wm lopez
but for some unknown reason Jesus doesn't make an appearance in this movie.
I had the same quadary about the original. Trinity Broadcasting gave it the MTV-hype treatment 24/7, but for the life of me, I couldn't pin down any real evangelical message within the flick. Bible code mumbo-jumbo, sure, and the guy cries out to God at the end, but that's it. I written in past columns how I find it curious that fundamentalist Christians rail against Hollywood, yet factions within their camp are mighty eager to chern out violent flicks themselves. God don't make junk, but some of his children sure do. This benefits me, of course, being a fan of fringe cinema.
Old 02-28-02, 11:19 PM
Banned

The movie also didn't show the Angel grabing the devil and chaining him up. In the movie the devil falls into a pit and the next we see of him he's chained up. The movie ends so that a sequal can be made. THE OMEN 3 had better thrills even though it had no FX like OMEGA CODE:2.