Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Meet The Feebles

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-02, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people have breifly told me about this. It's like Fraggle Rock on Acid. Has anyone seen this and what do they think?
Old 02-26-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's the reason LOTR probably will be snubbed at the Oscars. They'll probably get some awards, but not director or movie. Just my thoughts.

As for Feebles, you have to see it at least once. Imagine the muppets drinking, shooting up, having sex, and getting really violent and you get a pretty good idea of what you will see.
Old 02-26-02, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One potential measure of how good a film is is how much fun you have watching it.

Using this yardstick, Meet The Feebles is one of the best films I watched in this past year!

Peter Jackson is one crazy bastard and I love him.

Have lots of alcohol handy. Hell, you may want to invent a drinking game just for this flick.
Old 02-26-02, 02:09 PM

While Peter Jackson has made some great b flicks, I rank Meet the Feebles slightly below Bad Taste and Dead Alive (AKA Brain Dead).

I bought it a while back, and thought it was quite funny to see puppets doing all these crazy things. Unfortunately too much of the laughs come from this. I mean yeah its funny to see puppets having sex and doing drugs, but after a few viewings they lose their shock value. Whereas the definite Pete Jackson work Dead Alive has alot more wit in its humor and relies less on shock. If you are Peter Jackson fan I would say buy it....otherwise its a rental.

The canadian dvd edition of this flick is fairly weak. No speacial features. Pretty sub-standard video and sound. Its like watching a decent VHS copy. Hopefully someone like Anchor Bay will pick this up and give it its proper treatment.
Old 02-26-02, 04:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the Canadian DVD of it a while back from HMV, when Garageband.com was still giving away $25 in gift certificates a month for rating songs.

I wasn't impressed at all and I expected a lot more, considering that Dead Alive and The Frighteners are two of my faves. It was kinda funny the first time I watched it, but to me it wasn't worth watching again. The video and audio quality was, as someone mentioned before, like a good VHS copy.
Old 02-28-02, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love PJ and have for some time. He asks alot of the viewer in some of his early work, especially this movie.
Seen on a small screen you will miss alot of the jokes and dialogue. It is fast paced, filled to the brim, and at times chaotic and confusing. If you pay attention though it is an entertaining and whimsical satire of the Muppets etc.. very much on the adult side however.
The quality of the original print is not that good nor is the sound quality. Hopefully the US DVD release on March 26th rectifies this somewhat, but I wouldn't count on it. It is to be enjoyed for what it is a creativley produced often hilarious puppet filled world, made for people under the influence.
Old 03-02-02, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Must say that I had a Peter Jackson period in the early 90s and Meet the Feebles was one of my favorite at that time. I must say that I still love it and it is funny, and serious at the same time. Scary thing what Peter Jackson can accomplish with a few muppets. He is truely gifted, and after the LOTR you have to see it. A contempory piece of art and cult mixed together with a couple of butterfly pills that takes to NeverNever Land, and Prozac with Jim Beam in. A must for you, if you like psychology, and a definite view if you like the Muppets Show. A sure buy, if you like Peter Jackson, and a perfect match if you just like comedy. In short, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON????!?!?!!?!