DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted Dr. Zhivago

Old 02-06-02, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review wanted Dr. Zhivago

I just picked up a copy of Dr. Zhivago from Suncoast @ $16.99 minus a $3.00 dollar coupon I had. I must admit to never seeing this '65 classic. Can anyone please tell me if this epic movie is all its touted to be? It seems to have all the features: remastered 5.1 audio, commentary's galore and numerous special features i.e. making of, documentary, etc. However, reading the IMDb reviews has given me mixed feelings. Regardless of the great price is it a great movie? Thanks in advance everyone.
Old 02-07-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...it is a very long movie: three hours plus ... to me it felt more like three days... but... it's a classic, yes it is! - or so they say... nice cinematography!

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 02-07-02 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-07-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved it. People bash it for being too sentimental or too long, but see it for yourself. If you like big epics and films by David Lean, you should enjoy this one. The DVD is great too.
Old 02-07-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great movie. A must-see. In my opinion, despite its long running time, the film is never boring. In fact, I think the pacing is better than that of Lawrence of Arabia, and therefore makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience. To me, LOA felt a lot longer than it was, Zhivago was right on.

Dan
Old 02-13-02, 03:31 PM
Cool New Member

Awsome!

David Lean Rules!!!

One of my favorite movies of all time. Even if the story line is a bit soapy, this is a movie to experience, not to just watch. The cinematograpy is amazing. If you are in snow country, every blizzard you go through, you'd think it's a scene from this film, and the forzen Omar Sharif. DON'T SKIP THE INTRO. It's about 5 minutes long, turn off the lights and simply listen, you'll feel you've been transported to a different world, and when the film begins, you are there.
Old 02-18-02, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Here you go:

http://www.daily-reviews.com/d/mpdoctorzhivago.htm