Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Traffic Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic Review

I'm sure this was done, but I searched going back a year and didn't find it so.....

I thought this movie was all over the place. I understand the director wanted to show how so many people were indirectly invovled with one another, but at times the film just seemed lost.

The acting was very good. Top notch actually. Michael Douglas, Dennis Quaid were there with Don Chedle and Luis Guzman. Cathy-Zeda Jones put in a sleeper performance. And was that Salma Hayek in about 3 mibutes of this movie? Wow! She was hot whoever she was.

Anyways, this movie may not make your keeper list. I think it rates high on the rental but not own category. However, if you like chaotic filmmaking then this is the movie for you. At times it made as much sense as the kids doping up did.

Old 01-26-02, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
i thought that this movie was well made (though I didn't really enjoy the movie). I liked the different color lenses that they used for filming.
Old 01-29-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I picked it up used for $9.99 and I love it. I, too, like the use of different colored lenses for filming used to distinguish the different story lines going on. The acting was also very good, and it showed the reality of drugs without getting preachy. (And it did, after all, win 4 Academy Awards.)
Old 01-29-02, 05:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I followed the films different stories with no problem. I thought the meaning or purpose of the film was a little redundant -- big ugly difficult problem, with success alusive or incremental.

All in all a great cast, beautifully filmed, and with good repeat viewing potential.