Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews Wanted-JP3

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviews Wanted-JP3

Ok, Being tuesday night, who rushed home to watch this one? I am going to get mine on Friday but I was hoping some of you would fill me on on the movie, audio, picture quality, extras, ect
Old 12-13-01, 12:27 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I highly recommend it ...
http://dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=3065
Old 12-13-01, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love the movie and really enjoyed the disc... more impressive than the past JP releases if you ask me... well worth the cost (which is pretty low!)

MATT
Old 12-13-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,344 Likes on 903 Posts
The disc (audio, video, extras) are great and the movie's technical aspects are amazing but I'm still looking for a plot and characters I care for aside from Dr. Grant. For me, certainly the weakest of the Jurrassic series.
Old 12-14-01, 11:35 AM

watched it last night...AWESOME!!!!!! May be a new "test" DVD for demos. A little short, but still excellent. Great SOUND!@!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-01, 09:33 PM

fullscreen

Hey, Just watched my JP3, it seemed to be fullscreen...my box says widescreen though. I still enjoyed the movie, and actually I watched it on my laptop in the car so I didn't get to check out the sound really well, just headphones. But what is up with the fullscreen?
Old 12-15-01, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine did the exact same thing . I had to change it manually to widescreen . If you set it to 16/9 it plays a stretched funky looking fullscreen . If you set it to letterbox it plays the widescreen fine . Im sure if me and your DVD's are doing this there is many more . I bought mine from Walmart .
Old 12-16-01, 12:47 PM

JP3 is an Anamorphic widescreen DVD with an aspect ratio of 1.85:1. If you watch it in 16x9 mode on a non-widescreen TV, it will stretch and fill up the entire screen, due to the 33% extra resolution encoded in the anamorphic format. The result is a stretched & distorted picture.

You are supposed to set your DVD player at the 4x3 letterbox mode in order to properly view Anamorphic widescreen movies on a non-widescreen TV set.

Non-Anamorphic discs will play with the proper aspect ratio on a standard NTSC screen regardless of the settings on your DVD player.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Basant Nanda; 12-16-01 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-19-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Typical run run run as the dino's chase us through the jungle, I saw this the last two movies. However, the extras are great I liked them more than the movie. I am going to send my resume to Jack Horner though, that would be cool to spend the summer in Montana!
Old 12-19-01, 08:19 PM

Awesome movie!
Awesome DVD!
Old 12-20-01, 11:09 PM
Banned

Same old dino BS. Very boring. Being the second sequel to this very subpar and disappointing series, people went to this see with absolutely no expectations. And I mean absolutely ZERO expectations, so many people apparently left the theatre thinking it was good and the film was a hit. Unfortunately this means we'll get at least two more friggin sequels and when the next one comes out the same people who are praising this steaming pile of s**t will by then be crying, "Another one?!?? Why??" Way to go.
Old 12-26-01, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
Same old dino BS. Very boring. Being the second sequel to this very subpar and disappointing series, people went to this see with absolutely no expectations. And I mean absolutely ZERO expectations, so many people apparently left the theatre thinking it was good and the film was a hit. Unfortunately this means we'll get at least two more friggin sequels and when the next one comes out the same people who are praising this steaming pile of s**t will by then be crying, "Another one?!?? Why??" Way to go.
Well, judging by your comments, it appears that you must have been to see all three films, so here's a little suggestion that you may not have thought of (or been capable of thinking of) before... how about simply avoiding them

regards, Tim...
Old 12-29-01, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is a review for you...

http://www.upcomingdiscs.com/dvd_rev...urassic3.shtml
Old 12-30-01, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I actually liked some the aspects of this film better than Lost World. The whole thing with the birds was supposed to be in JP2 but Steven opted for the T-Rex to come back to the mainland and terrorize the town like the Saturday afternoon monster movies from years gone by. I like Grant better than Malcolm.

Audio - excellent
Video - great transfer
Movie - redundant yet mercifully short

The series has degraded into a high priced monster movie but worth the money for the disc.
Old 12-30-01, 08:35 PM
exConn

For me, it had a better story and better dinos than Lost World, but it's not as good as the original.

It's always fun to see the dinos and behind the scenes work on the dinos in the extras. All in all a fun film...

-exConn
Old 12-31-01, 09:05 AM

Like most triologies. The first one had good plot mixed with good action. The second one had an ok plot mixed with more action. JP3 had no plot and just dinasours kicking butt. (The new bad one was cool though.)

Movie starts and BAM! Let's rock! This was nothing more than hollywood trying to sqeeze more money out of a resulting mindless movie. They succeeded.

But I enjoyed the escape. It was a thrill ride. But it CAN'T be compared to the first one. It made me think. As for JP3. I could have put in Rambo for all the difference it would have made.