Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews Wanted: Heartbreakers

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-01, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How good of a DVD is this movie? Special Features etc? How good of a plot does it have?Worth a purchase?
Old 12-01-01, 06:43 AM

I loved this movie. It has a great cast, good acting, and Jennifer Love Hewitt is so hot.
Nice quality disc with a lot of extras, including several deleted scenes and a great outtake real.

My local BB had a bunch of these for $14.99.
Old 12-01-01, 12:00 PM

I really enjoyed the movie. Jason Lee gives the movie a plus for me. Its loaded with special features, including a commentary with JLH. I rented it first, but Blockbuster had the PPV for $10.99.

My only complaint about it was JLH is such a cocktease and just needs to show something already. Other than that, its a lovely little film.
Old 12-02-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this movie was really spot on. i liked it a lot. (i just saw it last night..) there are some very simpsons-esque bits in it, too.

the dvd is very good. i don't have a surround system, so i cannot comment on the quality of the audio, but the visual was very good. there were moments where the picture would shudder/shake as if somebody was shaking a projector.. but those moments are very few and far between.

the extras are nice. i listened to bits and pieces of both commentaries and both of them sound engaging. the director is funny and can also be informative - mostly location information and what happened during certain shots and so forth. it's a little light, but it is kinda fun. the other commentary track (w/ sigourney, love, and director mirkin) is sort of fun. it is really funny listening to love hewitt squirm a bit when
Spoiler:
the duck gets "eaten", which is certainly a blink and you'll miss it part in itself

anyway, i would recommend this. the movie itself is very good and since it can be gotten around the $20 mark, it's a good deal.
-di doctor-
Old 12-05-01, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a recent guilty pleasure for me. I thought the movie was funny and Jason Lee is great in it. The deleted scenes are good and I believe the moview has a commentary track with Weaver, Hewitt and the director. I wish I had waited to get this since it is now so cheap at BBV.
Old 12-05-01, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought this movie was great when we rented it. I never got to watch the special features, but ordered it from ch today

Seeing Jennifer bent over in that dress on the floor was enough for me to know it was going to be in the collection
Old 12-06-01, 12:01 AM
Banned

Originally posted by LX98Civic
Seeing Jennifer bent over in that dress on the floor was enough for me to know it was going to be in the collection
How is the t&a?
Old 12-06-01, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
JLH wears some great outfits and looks amazing, but it wasn't enough for me to hold onto my copy of this lousy film. It's totally unfunny throughout, and it drags on and on. LEGALLY BLONDE is a better buy. At least I laughed a few times. I can't even recommend this to JLH fans.

There really is no T&A. Just hot and nearly revealing outfits.
Old 12-06-01, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Snake Plissken

How is the t&a?
Of course it didn't show any, but the outfits she wore were amazing!!

IMO she is one of the hottest EVER!! ....especially when she does that little smile.
Old 12-06-01, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow, between MadCougar and LX98Civic, that just about sums up my feelings on this.
didn't see it at the theater, and only bought it to see JLH teasin' around in some low-cut outfits, but when i actually got around to watching the movie, about a week ago (i bought it the day it streeted), i actually enjoyed it.
i like movies about con-men, and while this may not be one of the best, the mother daughter angle made it seem a little fresher than the same old same old.
and yes, i agree, Jason Lee was one of the elements that put this over for me. Someone who after this and Almost Famous, i'm appreciating more and more. i had every intention of fleabaying it before i watched, now i think i'll happily hang on to it for a while.
Old 12-06-01, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like this movie! It's pretty funny and is packed with extras....the two commentary tracks are very enjoyable. I own the movie and believe it's at least worth a rental for those of you who are skeptical.

Old 12-09-01, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ironically enough, Ray Liotta was the funniest thing in the picture. He did the scumball chop-shop proprietor to perfection. He should do more comedies.
Old 12-27-01, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by indiephantom
JLH wears some great outfits and looks amazing, but it wasn't enough for me to hold onto my copy of this lousy film. It's totally unfunny throughout, and it drags on and on. LEGALLY BLONDE is a better buy. At least I laughed a few times. I can't even recommend this to JLH fans.

There really is no T&A. Just hot and nearly revealing outfits.
OMG, I suggest that you get your eyes checked. Those dresses were so short and tight that I could practically smell the tuna coming off the screen.
Old 12-27-01, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Alright, since no one else has mentioned it yet, I thought that Gene Hackman was so funny! I kept thinking of Scott "smoke 'em if you've got 'em" Salem from the Howard Stern show. I love when Sigourney looks out the peep hole of her door out at Hackman in a fog of cigarette smoke. And that cigarette holder that he had (not in the movie, but in the deleted scenes) was hilarious. I was most pleasantly surprised and aroused by this movie. Definitely a keeper!
Old 12-27-01, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The JLH scenes alone made it worth the $10 purchase thanks to the Hollywood Video 2-for-20 PVD promotion. Funny movie too - Ray Liotta was great.
Old 12-27-01, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
The JLH scenes alone made it worth the purchase
I couldn't agree more! nuff said
Old 12-28-01, 09:38 AM

"JLH needs to show something"

Yeah! Show her self to the Staimaster. For such a small chick, how can she have such a large can??? She better keep that in check or it is going to get put of hand. Just look at Crrie Ann Moss!!! Her ass is the size of Texas!!!!
Old 12-28-01, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was much, much better than I thought it would be.........
Old 12-29-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

here is a full review for you...

http://www.upcomingdiscs.com/dvd_rev...breakers.shtml
Old 01-02-02, 08:36 AM

Good slapstick humor. Gene Hackman's smoking was hilarious. It was a rare pleasure to see that funny side of him.

I was kind of dissapointed in Ray Liotta. Just not funny. Otherwise, it is definately worth a rent or buy.
Old 01-02-02, 02:59 PM

I also bought this at the 2/$20 Hollywood Video sale and I liked it alot more than I thought I would. I normally don't like Jason Lee's acting (he ruined "American Cuisine"), but he was good in this movie. In fact, all of the characters were very well played. I especially liked Liota--a Jersey character fits him so well. Hewitt was perfectly cast as the younger and hotter version of Sigourney Weaver and she showed a good knack for physical comedy. Plus, she knows how to really take over a scene using just her body (take a look at the hotel-exercise-room deleted scene--Hewitt in sportsbra + treadmill = wowzers). The disc also has alot of extras. Overall, worth alot more than the $10 I paid for it.

My score: ****/5
Old 02-12-02, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally got the dvd (CH).
Watched it last night. What a great movie!! I don't know if it's the fact I am in love with Jennifer or what, but I loved it. Watched everything except the commentary.

Once again, the outfits she wears throughout the film alone are worth the purchase. One of my favorite dvds now

I plan to watch the commentary within a week or so
Old 02-14-02, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
It is what it is, and funny at that. Gene Hackman is HILARIOUS! Don't expect Casablanca, and you'll probably enjoy it...
Old 04-03-02, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
just watched it tonite for the first time...thought it was pretty good. i had some good laughs, plus JLH is really hot (like usual) picked it up cheap from DDD, and definately worth the money.
Old 04-04-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this movie is on sale for 8.99 this week at Best Buy. I would recommend a purchase, DEFINETLY at that price

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.