Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Dirt Harry Collection reviews?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any reviews for the "Dirty Harry Collection?"
Any input?
Old 11-20-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: Dirt Harry Collection reviews?

Originally posted by highdef
Are there any reviews for the "Dirty Harry Collection?"
Any input?
Dvdfile.com has a review posted.
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...rryseries.html

kahuna
Old 11-20-01, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks...

I just read the dvdfile reviews.
Thanks for the input.
Old 11-20-01, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just watched the first 3 movies, and found dvdfile's review to be a bit harsh. These are older, not huge budget movies. They look as good as any other movies from that time. There were a few slightly blurred shots in Magnum Force, but they looked like the director's fault, not the transfer. The 5.1 sound was also pretty good on all 3- not very ambient, but effective during the action. I was watching on a 65" HDTV, so I can usually see any weak points in a transfer, and I thought the picture was fairly clear and detailed. Not as good as a new movie , but still very nice. Plus it's in glorious 2:35:1 widescreen. Since he said they got better as the series progresses, I'm sure the last 2 will be even better. If you like the movies, there's no question about whether or not to get them.
Old 11-21-01, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by El Kabong
I just watched the first 3 movies, and found dvdfile's review to be a bit harsh. These are older, not huge budget movies. They look as good as any other movies from that time. There were a few slightly blurred shots in Magnum Force, but they looked like the director's fault, not the transfer. The 5.1 sound was also pretty good on all 3- not very ambient, but effective during the action. I was watching on a 65" HDTV, so I can usually see any weak points in a transfer, and I thought the picture was fairly clear and detailed. Not as good as a new movie , but still very nice. Plus it's in glorious 2:35:1 widescreen. Since he said they got better as the series progresses, I'm sure the last 2 will be even better. If you like the movies, there's no question about whether or not to get them.
I was a little worried after reading the Dvdfile.com review. But feel much better are reading your message. Either way I was still going to buy this boxset anyway. Now if only CdNow would hurry up and ship my order out.

Kahuna
Old 11-25-01, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
I have not watched all the films all the way thru yet but popped them all in & hit the highlights. I will agree that the DVDFile reviews were way too harsh. I thought the picture was excellent on all the films. The sound is good as well but I would have preferred more extras.
Old 11-26-01, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I started this thread the dvdfile reviews had not yet been posted. I ordered the discs and then read the subsequent reviews. I have to totally disagree with the dvdfile reviews, stating how poor the video transfers are. The picture and sound are terrific on all five films. This collection is a must for Dirty Harry fans!
Old 11-26-01, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only watched the first three films so far, but I have to agree with the consensus here that the transfers look pretty damn good, especially for their age. the remastered 5.1 tracks sound excellent as well (moreso on Dirty Harry & Magnum Force than on The Enforcer).
Old 11-26-01, 06:56 PM
Banned

Man, I forgot how awesome Magnum Force was. "This is a .44 magnum. The most powerful. . ." Watch this movie during a workout and I guarentee you can add 20 lbs to your bench max.