Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Matrix Revisted - Full review!

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-01, 11:39 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks pretty cool. I'm definitely going to pick this up. Easter eggs too.

Matrix Revisited

Anyone else given this one much thought?
Old 11-15-01, 01:09 AM

I dunno, I'm having a real hard time justifying purchasing something that should have been included on the original disc to begin with. I mean I WILL purchase it just because i'm that pathetic but shelling out $20 for special features rubs me the wrong way.
Old 11-15-01, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might pick it up if there's a good deal on it. I enjoyed the movie a lot and would like to see the documentry. Maybe I'll make my own two disc set out of it, I don't know.

It'll be in a snapper though, wont it? *shudder* maybe I'll wait a while. If I see it cheap I'll get it, but if not, there's other titles I want just a little bit more.

Interviews “The True Followers” (4:36) Internet fans
Damn, there's one segment I'll have to skip. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more annoying to me then a Matrix geek boy. Trek geeks? annoying and scary... Star War geeks? they can be bad when complaining so damn much... Dungeons and Dragons geeks? ok, we're getting worse now... but nothing... nothing beats a Matrix geek.
Old 11-15-01, 11:14 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
I will be passing on this one. While I would like to have it, I won't succomb to the studio's decision to create a separate disc that should have been part of a 2-disc set to begin with.
Old 11-15-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn! I was so sure that Warner Bros. wouldn't be seeing any of my money for this disk...

Looks like I'll have to re-think it, though.
Old 11-15-01, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Worth a rent, nothing more.

Ill wait for the the Ultimate Jumbo Das Boot Edition and buy that.
Old 11-15-01, 04:31 PM

I'm kind of surprised at Neush and Geofferson's opinion in this thread. Warner could have easily given us some mildly incremental THX remastering, and made us buy the movie all over again as part of a two-disc set. To my mind, by releasing this dvd by itself they're taking the high road and not double dipping like some other distributors (Anch*r B*y) I could think of.

I also think one has to take into account the time when the DVD was originally released. Double disc sets were much less common then. And can anyone say they were unhappy with the price they paid and the features they got? DDD is selling The Matrix Revisited for $14.95, and I paid under $11 for the The Matrix at the time, so for $26 total I'm pretty happy.
Old 11-15-01, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

As long as the compaies keep trying to better their product, not fake it(as the member above stated) and put a reasonable price on it then what's the problem?

I hate to use the cliches....but...no one is forcing you to buy it again and.....it is indeed a matter of choice. That''s what makes America so great.

HNo back to the movie....DDD has a good price on it so WHY NOT? I will get it.
Old 11-17-01, 07:49 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

hm the disc should come in a 2 disc plastic case that would replace your original cruddy snapper. that would be kewl
Old 11-18-01, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I caved and bought it.

I am happy that they didn't rerelease with the new features. I have two copies of the film, don't ask why, and I am happy that I can get the extras as a stand alone DVD.

15.00 for a disc of extras isn't something I'd noramlly buy but for movies that I really enjoy I'm wiliing to fork it over.
Old 11-20-01, 05:08 PM

I picked it up today, I can't wait to check it out.
Old 11-21-01, 07:45 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't blame Warner for doing this. They are just giving the fans what they want.

I am really enjoying this disc and think that it was worth the $14 I paid for it. It's much more indepth and better than I thought it would be. It's obviously not great for repeat viewings, but if your a big fan of the Matrix, it's a must have.
Old 11-22-01, 07:46 AM

Still toying with idea of picking this one up. But I briefly went thru the back cover
and notice something being mentioned that this is in standard screen format.

Correct me guys. Thanks.
Old 11-24-01, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

it is standard, because the documentary was filmed for the home format, so it was shot in a full frame standard aspect ratio... all the matrix clips are presented in non anamorphic OAR... this disc is really fun, really great, and well worth picking up, a great suplement to the Matrix and a must have for any fan...

MATT