DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Request: Joe Dirt

Old 09-14-01, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Review Wanted - Joe Dirt

Can someone give me a review of this movie. Is it worth buying? Renting? I haven't seen it, but I remember at the preview trailer. Thanks.
Old 09-14-01, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=2560
enjoy
Old 09-14-01, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by tofubomb
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=2560
enjoy
I actually read that before I posted this msg Next time say "pad"

I'm looking for more opinions...anyone?
Old 09-14-01, 10:40 PM

I thought it was a pretty bad movie. I enjoy David Spade's material to a degree - I felt he was terrific in Emperor's New Groove - but this character seemed half-hearted. The movie combines poopy humor with some other lackluster material and never goes anywhere.

As for the DVD, it looks absolutely great, and sound quality was pretty good as well. Spade's commentary was mildly interesting though not as funny as one might hope, while the director's track was a dud. The deleted scenes and outtakes weren't worth much either.

Link to my full review: http://www.dvdmg.com/joedirt.html
Old 09-17-01, 03:57 PM

I have to say that when I first saw this one at the theatres I was a little disappointed. Then it came out on video and I rented the DVD for the heck of it (had company over). I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. With company this movie is a winner. I will say that the EXTRAS on the DVD grossed me out to the max. You get several extra scenes of more poop and other discusting stuff like that. In the movie some of it is funny but just as cuts they aren't that enjoyable in my opion. The DVD has very good video and the soundtrack kicks butt.
Old 09-19-01, 03:08 AM

I watched this tonight, and I am mixed about it. I was visiting my girlfriend at her dorm, and her roomate has a dvd player. Rented it from Blockbuster, and then to my horror found the roommate was routing the dvd player through a vcr through coax to the TV....the movie kept fading out and then going to the blue screen vcrs use when they don't have a good enough signal....grrr....
So anyway, I thought it was an okay movie, but I don't know if I want to see it again. If you are a fan of Sandler/Spade you might like it though, as you'll notice several regulars. I'd recommend renting it at least.
Old 09-21-01, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by rile0161
and then to my horror found the roommate was routing the dvd player through a vcr through coax to the TV....the movie kept fading out and then going to the blue screen vcrs use when they don't have a good enough signal....grrr....
Ah, macrovison protection at work.
Old 09-21-01, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...Ebert and Roeper gave this movie a resounding 'two thumbs down'...

...here's a Christian POV:

http://www.christiananswers.net/spot...1/joedirt.html

...here's a review on the reel.com site:

http://www.reel.com/movie.asp?MID=13...ws&CID=13#tabs

...here's a review of the DVD:

http://www.dvdmg.com/joedirt.html

...here's a German POV:

"Joe Dreck USA 2001 (Joe Dirt) Regie Dennie Gordon, 90 Min.

Als "White Trash" bezeichnet man in den USA unangenehm grobe, so gut wie gar nicht erzogene Deppen, die neuerdings den meist alkoholisierten Stolz entwickeln, "weißer Abfall" zu sein. "White Trash" möchte man wirklich nicht auf der gleichen Straßenseite begegnen. Aber auch im Kino wird die Gefahr eines derart unangenehmen Erlebnisses immer größer.

Joe Dreck ist "White Trash" in der familienfreundlichen Streichelversion: Dumm, ungebildet, grob und stolz darauf. Zudem hört er Bob Seeger, ACDC, Van Halen. Aber ansonsten nett und auf den ersten Blick nur schädlich für sich selbst. Aus der mies behandelten Reinigungskraft im Radiosender wird innerhalb von wenigen Minuten ein Star, der uns eins, zwei drei live seine Lebensgeschichte aufzwingt. Siehe Slatko & Co. Man versteht dabei zu keinem Moment, was an diesem Typen so interessant sein soll. Er ist wirklich nicht der Rede oder Schreibe wert, deshalb direkt die vernichtende Schlusswertung: Mit fäkalen Albernheiten, grobem Slapstick und schrecklich unorigineller Handlung will "Joe Dreck" Sympathien für einen elenden Verlierer wecken, der gleichzeitig dauernd verlacht wird. Ein überflüssiges Anliegen mit dem sich der US-Komiker David Spade in die Reihe der vielleicht talentierten Spaßmacher einreiht, die besser keinen Film gemacht hätten.
"

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 09-21-01 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-21-01, 01:20 PM
Banned

Don't buy it.

Terrible movie.
Old 09-23-01, 07:34 PM

Possible rental but that's it. The movie wasnt good.