Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Fargo

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-01, 06:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review Wanted: Fargo

I was wondering if you could tell me how the picture quality was on this dvd? i'm referring to the anamorphic one that came out later. thanks
Old 07-16-01, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I cannot compare, but with the new release, I can find no fault with it.
Old 07-16-01, 02:07 PM

The new anamorphic one is leaps and bounds better than the original Polygram crap. The first one was riddled with an excessive amount of edge enhancement and digital artifacts, the new one corrects these problems. In fact, it really looks quite nice indeed. The opening credit sequence still has nicks, scratches, and hair pop up here and there but after the credits it cleans up very nicely. I was impressed and satisfied by the video quality on the new disc and I bet you will be to.

Also, the new one has been re-mixed to offer a 5.1 DD track whereas the original was 2.0 only. Not that it makes that much difference but still it is more pleasing.

Now if MGM would give us some extras the disc would be perfect, oh well the image and sound is good enough.

Enjoy.
Old 07-16-01, 04:50 PM

Get the MGM copy for sure. Yah! ( watch the movie you'll figure that one out, Yah. )

saintsfan
Old 07-17-01, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, the anamorphic one was nice. Though this movie isn't so action pact and special effects loaded that quality and picture and sound is that important - it was good enough to not be noticed on a computer monitor and TV output (std 4:3).