DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Some feedback please?

Old 02-12-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yo, this is my first time ever posting on this board, I've been reading over it the last few days and i like it.

anyways, i planned on gettin a dvd player, the same as the one my friend has (sony dvp 360). Little did i know, i need a new tv to go with it as well since my tv isnt stereo, so after several days of comparison and window shoppin etc. I have decided to go with the Sony Wega FS12 27"

so all in all, i am gettin the Sony Wega FS12 27" tv and the sony dvp 360, and I will have to get the stand as well.

My question is, since i am a student and on a very tight budget, i would like this to last me for a long time, its expensive too me, i live in canada by tha way, and i dont want to spend all this money on something that is not reliable and wont last? is this investment worth it???

TV = $999
dvd = $399
Stand = bout 200 or so

and add 15% tax on that, and u can do the math.

Am i makin a good choice?? I have been doing alot of research on this for the past week, and it seems like quality equipment, i would just like some other peoples opinions. I have alot of time to think this through since i wont be gettin them untill around April

Thanks
Old 02-12-01, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They are good choices and if you are truly worried about reliability get an extended service contrat that you can renew. Sony equipment has a pretty good reliability factor. One thing though $399 is a pretty high price for the 360 model. I just bought one for my mother for $249(regular everyday price). You may want to shop around for a better price and use the money saved for DVDs!
Old 02-12-01, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thanks for the reply

i have been lookin around all the stores everywheres, and thats the cheapest i can find it

dont forget i live in canada, i can see tha same player being 249 for a US price
Old 02-12-01, 06:54 PM

Are those Canadian prices?
Old 02-12-01, 08:07 PM

Originally posted by ElementZ
thanks for the reply

i have been lookin around all the stores everywheres, and thats the cheapest i can find it

dont forget i live in canada, i can see tha same player being 249 for a US price
Buy it online...or drive across the border...I have a friend that lives in Quebec and I buy stuff for him and mail it...you have friends in the states? $399 is a rip-off.
Old 02-12-01, 08:13 PM

That is $399 CDN. So do the math.....comes out to be 265.43 US Dollars. Not too much more than what we pay here.
Old 02-12-01, 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Nutdotnet
That is $399 CDN. So do the math.....comes out to be 265.43 US Dollars. Not too much more than what we pay here.
Aaahhh...I assumed he was talking US dollars, sorry my bad. $265 not too bad then.