Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

strde-845 remote question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

strde-845 remote question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-01, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
The remote that came w/my strde-845 does JUST ABOUT everything I want. But I can't get it to do a couple of things that I want

1)I set the TV setting for the cable box, and now I can't control the volume on the TV. (For those times I just want to watch TV w/o the entire Home Theater)

2)I can't seem to find a button that will work the "memu" on my digital cable box (on the cable remote this brings up a TV guide type listing that you can scroll thru and select a show)

So, Am I right that this remote is "non-learning"? If this is correct, what reasonably priced learning remotes do you recommend. Would really like to have one remote do it all. Or at least all the main functions.
Old 01-19-01, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can answer your last question. The 845 remote is not learning. The 945, however, comes with a learning 2-way remote.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.
Old 01-20-01, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually thanks. I KNEW the 945 was learning, but for some reason I thought the 845 was too. I did a search and found some good info on learning remotes.

Anyone have a link where I could buy the Cinema 7? The Radio Shack seems fine, but thought it would be easier for my wife if the remote actually said "DVD & Receiver" rather then using "Aux 1 & Aux 2".
Old 01-20-01, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Sdallnct:

Anyone have a link where I could buy the Cinema 7? The Radio Shack seems fine, but thought it would be easier for my wife if the remote actually said "DVD & Receiver" rather then using "Aux 1 & Aux 2".
<HR>

Actually you can pick one up at Best Buy for around 20, they have them at my local store all the time. Wonderful remote!
Old 01-21-01, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually today I did. $27.95. Had a $25.00 GC from x-mas. So SCORE

You are right. GREAT remote. Highly recommended. The best part is all the information available. If anyone gets this remote, or any remote for that matter, be sure and check out

http://www.remotecentral.com/

A ton of info on ALL popular (and some not so popular remotes). For example the instructions that came with my remote did not have my cable box listed. I thought I was going to have to spend an hour or more plus a ton of memory to have the remote "learn" each function of my cable box remote. About 5-minutes at remotecentral.com and there was posted the "code" for my cable box! PLUS lots of "special" codes for features not found on the standard codes. And I have yet to program macro's.

With remotes like this, plus the high dollar ones, there would seem to be no need to take the remote that comes with a piece of equipment into your buying decision.