Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

PS2 problem....help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-01, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just recently bought Final Fantasy 8 (yeah, I know, it's not the most recent one) to play on my PS2. Everything seems to go fine until I try to save it on my new PS2 8 meg memory card. It will not save it onto the new cards. So I used a regular PS card to save it and everything went fine. Eight hours later I decided I needed to go to sleep. When I woke up and tried to load the game it said that the game data saved was corrupted. Does anyone know if this is a PS2 problem (not being able to save PS1 games onto the new cards and saving games onto regular Playstation memory cards) or if my PS1 card is somehow messed up. I really hate having to play everything over again.

------------------
============================================

'Eritis sicut Deus, scientes bonum et malum.'
Old 01-17-01, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know the 8 meg memory for PS2 only works with PS2 games. You still have to utilize PS1 memory to save PS1 games. From personal experience the PS2 doesn't read(IMHO) all the PS1 memory blocks(hence data corruption)but still saves game data.

------------------
Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.

My Addiction
Old 01-17-01, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stick a PS1 memory card into your mem slot on the PS2 and save your game!!! I have been using a PS1 card for PS1 games with no problems whatsoever!!!

------------------
THE 13TH WARRIOR OF THE OTHER FORUM/CODE NAME: LYNCH/TEAM 7

Jules Winfield's Other Forum Brother......
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~djones6746.asp

"You know Andy...I never thought it would come to this....Mayberry....Gateway to danger."

Barney Fife
Old 01-18-01, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can't answer the corrupted data issue - may want to try a different mem card. I know third party memory cards are notorious for having problems. If you have not, then try an official Sony card.

As far as using the 8MB card to save PSX games, you can't. The simple reason is that PSX cards save games in blocks. The PS2 card does not use blocks but standard memory configurations, i.e. bytes, kilobytes, megabytes etc. Therefore they are not cross compatible. You will have to use a PSX card to save PSX games.

------------------
MY SHORT BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

MY GETTING LONGER BUT SLOWLY EXPANDING DVD LIST

"The earth does not belong to people; people belong to the earth. Everything that happens to the earth happens also to the sons and daughters of the earth." -Chief Seattle.