Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony Wega Problem, please help!!!

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sony Wega Problem, please help!!!

Old 12-18-00, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own a Sony Wega FS12, and when I surf through the channels on my TV there is a momentary horizontal streak measuring about 6 inches across the top right hand side of the screen, The streak ranges in color from blue to green to white, depending on what, I don't know. The steak also occurs when I am watching a Widescreen movie, or when I am watching regular TV if the picture is dark enough. I am having a technician come to fix it (I hope he can)next week, but I was wondering if I could do something to remedy the problem. I have a center channel which is below the TV, and two fronts which are about 2 feet away from the unit. This really sux, considering I paid 900.00 for this TV. I am happy with it overall, but this is just annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fred
Old 12-18-00, 10:50 AM

I have the same problem, except it is in the upper left portion and is either red or white. Please post what the tech says as I am wandering what it is.

Thanks
Old 12-18-00, 05:57 PM
SGP

I had a similar problem. It had a pinkish shade on the left & right of the screen. It is especially obvious when the background is bright colored like white.

I gave up fixing the thing. I got it shipped back to the retailer and I got a new one instead. It was good after that.

I spoke to some technician and it seems that the only fix is to replace the crt. There is no way I am going to get this TV for 700 USD ! So I returned it. I did some research on it on the internet and it mentions that sometimes after too much shaking/shock to the tv , it will have discoloration.

It could be a situation where the QC guy did not do a thorough check when they shipped out the TV, I am just speculating here.

I did notice my new TV (27FS16) was made in Oct 2000. The earlier one was made in Aug 2000.

[This message has been edited by SGP (edited December 18, 2000).]
Old 01-13-01, 01:47 AM

The tech came out today and went into the fixed it in about two minutes by accessing the technician menu, and adjusting the vertical setting. If you did not get a service plan, there are threads in this forum which can show how to fix it yourself, but be careful.